Dyno Day Sunday 21st July

Paulm

19 minutes ago, vizman said:

@DuckndiveI forgot to ask what was going on with the front brake set up on the oilbiolerefedrawthrough?

when I put the slider clutch in I split the front callipers to individual cylinders the one that was cable tied to the forks is normaly on the l/hand side and is used for the burnout as holding the brakes on the R/hand and getting it wound up was a bit of a problem  ..

• Like 1

First of all thanks to everyone that turned up, was a good day out methinks,hope you all enjoyed yourself,nice to meet a few members I hadn't met before.Well done to @Wee Manfor the 700 mile round trip from Fife to dyno his bikexD. Russ the dyno shop owner was great,very enthusiastic and informative.From a personal point of view I was disappointed in my bikes output (163rwhp) my carbs need some work!!,but in saying that I had a great day and I hope you all did too? Russ said he would be happy to do another day for us so I'll organise another at some point.Ive put some of my pics on here,hopefully everyone else will too.

20190721_123941.jpg

20190721_142515.jpg

20190721_144240.jpg

20190721_141521.jpg

20190721_134617.jpg

20190721_115414.jpg

20190721_113657.jpg

20190721_100925.jpg

20190721_095310.jpg

20190721_092141.jpg

20190721_084330.jpg

• Like 4

Really enjoyable day great to see everyone, put faces to names and catch up with duckndive

Thanks for comments viz and totally agree wee mans bike we like so much, may be bias as they were colours mine were originally.

Paul thank you for organising this most appreciated.

Clive that such lovely linear line if ever saw one. 

To be honest all bikes there looked good apart from the bandits. :D:D

Have to admit they were good too.

Bow thanks for jump start good job didn't stall on way home. 

Can you load videos onto here?

• Like 4

Latest rebuild down a little but not much really pulling really strong, and not ideal weather conditions for big power, Russ did manage to find little bit low down for me, was good to learn even when you been doing it for ever. Always be prepared to listen as they say. Thanks Russ.

One thing he did say which I've been saying for years.

DONT CHUCK THE AIRBOX.

20190721_191934.jpg

• Like 4

Really enjoyed that and localish to me in Doncaster, I often ride out that way to the Green Hut cafe in Ollerton. Wanted to get another dyno run as the last one I had in 2014 after I finished restoring my Slingy showed a frankly disappointing 94hp and rich on the pilots. I tweaked and subsequently replaced the Devil can with an A16. I thought I'd done the trick but you never really know until you get it on the Anti -BS Machine. 104hp and a decent A/F with a stock motor - I'll take that.

Dyno man was was the dogs. Good, friendly advice. Top man. Thanks @PaulM for organising it.

20190721_205048.jpg

Edited by Crass
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Duckndive said:

when I put the slider clutch in I split the front callipers to individual cylinders the one that was cable tied to the forks is normaly on the l/hand side and is used for the burnout as holding the brakes on the R/hand and getting it wound up was a bit of a problem  ..

I have to admit thought was rear brake at first. Thought ya going wheelie attempting. 

Fantastic day, well worth the long drive. T'was really nice being able to finally put faces to names and see the bikes in the flesh. Great mixing with like minded folks and being made to feel very welcome. Great choice of location, Russ knows his stuff, bit of a character too. Definitely want to do it again.....need to find a few more ponies :P.

Thanks @Paulmfor his hospitality and organising it all...including the weather. Cheers Paul(y).

I'll post some pics tomorrow. Long day...sleep beckons.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Wee Man said:

Fantastic day, well worth the long drive. T'was really nice being able to finally put faces to names and see the bikes in the flesh. Great mixing with like minded folks and being made to feel very welcome. Great choice of location, Russ knows his stuff, bit of a character too. Definitely want to do it again.....need to find a few more ponies :P.

Thanks @Paulmfor his hospitality and organising it all...including the weather. Cheers Paul(y).

I'll post some pics tomorrow. Long day...sleep beckons.

You’re welcome Gregg,don’t forget to see about coming to Stafford.

• Like 1

Cracking day yesterday at the dyno day. Was good to meet some new faces from the forum I've not met before.  I know at one point it looked like us Bandit boys were taking over . 

A good day,  Russ was bang on,  certainly knows his business,  and my GSX build will be paying a visit once completed. 

Thanks to Paul for organising,  your a fucking legend bud.

See some of you at Donnington in a couple of weeks.

All the best..

• Like 4

T'was a good day out - great weather , bustin' breakfast , and a good catch up with friends . I was gonna bring the pro stock bike - but I forgot about this , and pulled the head off it on Saturday.......all good in there , just a few `improvements' to do before the next race.........

49 minutes ago, Duckndive said:

Clive & Clive :banana:

One 1216 Draw Thru and one 1216 Blow Thru :tu

1897446022_1216BlowThruCliveToGo.thumb.jpg.ee57b37ad773e98dfd9240f916d2e1f2.jpg

Clive,s Blow Thru.......234.08 BHP with a Nice Straight Line :tu

792829646_OilBoiler239.9BHP001.thumb.jpg.3cfa7ec2d2f1c7e77cedcf8bf5f010d8.jpg

Duckndive "Clive" 1216 Draw Thru 239.92 BHP...not quite as Straight 9_9

its all ways good to see side by side comparison on similar engines ..in fairness Clive Blow thru would most likily make a bit more on Race Gas as mine was running on

but "confession" I have never been a Huge fan of slabbies' I like it a great bike well put together as is Rosco,s :tu

• Like 2

Got home just after half 9 last night. Few pics from yesterday. IMAG3022.thumb.jpg.72d99321378fb21dcd3ef063106d79d7.jpgIMAG3041.thumb.jpg.b526b8174f90d5fe4343d584f310e739.jpgIMAG3040.thumb.jpg.8845aebac4d296a9156e17948b8b17c9.jpgIMAG3035.thumb.jpg.6ea6bdde7310242a32991a8ca5e57e93.jpg

Got to bottom of why my BOV didn't work yesterday...or at all. Came with two springs, should just be one in.

IMG-20190722-WA0000.thumb.jpeg.9f7bdd58a7a1294b51f93ca7eb0aef8a.jpeg

It now works. 

My bike hasn't been on a dyno since turbo fitted, to say I was nervous was an understatement! I didn't have anything to eat till after its runs. Lol Paul's pic of me in the dyno room says it all.

Strange standing next to your bike when someone else is giving it grief.

I was a tad disappointed with mine yesterday. Things are a foot to find the missing horses. Was tempted to just turn the boost right up....with Paul trying to encourage me! Chickened out, if the AFR was able to be measured correctly I'd have gone for it. What could possibly go wrong :banana:

• Like 5

My bike did not make as much power as last time it was on the dyno. It did spit the choke out causing it to over fule blowing flames out of the exhaust lol. May have got a bit more power out of it by ti-wrapping the choke shut. It did indicate 200mph which sent the dyno nuts so my printed out run was done in 4th gear lol.

Edited by clivegto
  • Like 4
6 hours ago, clivegto said:

My bike did not make as much power as last time it was on the dyno. It did spit the choke out causing it to over fule blowing flames out of the exhaust lol. May have got a bit more power out of it by ti-wrapping the choke shut. It did indicate 200mph which sent the dyno nuts so my printed out run was done in 4th gear lol.

Awesome @clivegtosorry I missed you :tu

• Like 1
  • minx unpinned this topic