OSS Endurance Legends XR41 rep

MeanBean49

So it seems like its all systems go to build a bike to compete in the 4 hour Endurance Legends event on May 6-7th.

Plan is to shoehorn an air cooled 8v motor into a modified slabby 11 frame to create a fairly convincing XR41 replica. I can then use 43mm rwu forks, 120/180 17" tyres and 4 pot brakes. So handling and stopping should be pretty good

Engine spec is to remain fairly modest, the focus being mainly on reliability and useable grunt.

Picked my frame up from Vizman yesterday, ive got a tank, engine is pretty much sorted and im fairly sure i can piece together a front end and matching rear wheel so it shouldnt take too long to get it rolling.

Bits that need aquiring are carbs, exhaust, a good race shock and some bodywork mainly. Should all be fairly easy to source.

I best get cracking :-)

Oh yeah, i think it would be quite fitting to call it "The Flying Hammer"  any thoughts?

gs10001983-600x401.jpg

• Like 21
On 24/11/2016 at 8:11 AM, MeanBean49 said:

Oh yeah, i think it would be quite fitting to call it "The Flying Hammer"  any thoughts?

It is only fitting that a machine born here and built to race on our collective behalf should bear the race team's emblem name. The new  race team emblem design will be ready soon. You're going to love it. 

• Like 2

43mm forks is max for the class RWU natch, so if you need forks Chundercat is an alternative. They come with adjusters both ends, which is slightly more advanced than the GSXR forks. ABE do shorter stanchions if that proves to be an issue,  even if the compression adjusters on the sliders are seized it makes little difference, If you want a fancy fork setup, there is an Andreanni Ohlins copy, 25mm cartridge for a Trumpet that will drop in without too much messing about, though I've not done it. Mr O offered before any got purchased.

• minx pinned this topic