Hello from Italy! New Gsx1100ES

akronos

Hello Im Mark from Italy. I bought 2 days ago  a GSX1100ES. in my country are a strange bike bike...few exemplar sold in 1980s. Look at picture,  GSX1100ES, in all datasheet this bike have 124 hp,  my have only 111hp (from what i have read into documents) why? This is an error?

IMG-20190214-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20190214-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20190214-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20190214-WA0008.jpg

• Like 4

from what I saw in the motorcycle booklet the model was registered in Italy in April 1985. On some sites I read that it should have 124hp possible?

Thanks to SuzukiCycles.org !!  Look the difference in HP from 1984 to 1985 .,... WHY?! The engine are the same.

Cattura.JPG

Edited by akronos

Looks like Pixie and Dixie have made a home in the airbox at some time in the past. If you ran the bike with that lot in there then it's probably drawn some of the debris into the carbs at least so it will probably be worthwhile stripping and cleaning the carbs before any further starting attempts. The mice might also have chewed the wiring so check it all out carefully or it could all end in tears.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, akronos said:

I wanted advice on how to mount the instrument closer to the steering plate and then install the naked type headlight. Thank you

I can't help with the EG bracket but I definitely have complete headlight assemblies with mounts etc. if you're trying to convert an EF/ES to an E/EG?

You'll need to change the bars too (if you have stock forks etc.) as the EF/ES ones are sharply angled and don't look/feel right without a fairing..