Harris

Bondy

I've ridden it already mate. Done about 130 miles so far. It has thrown up a few issues. One being the rear caliper setup. The wheel bearings and spacer tube are floating slightly within the wheel. After riding the bike for a few miles, the bearing/tube assembly worked its way along the wheel allowing the caliper bracket to rub on the rear disc. This has now been sorted. I basically made different sized spindle spacers and anodised them. It's now perfect. I do need to clean the tarnish marks from the disc though where it got hot.

other minor problem is gearing. I need to go up a tooth on the front. It revs out around 135. It just feels like it's racing everywhere. 80 on the motorway sounds very strange.

the biggest issue is the head gasket. It has sprung an oil leak but only squirts out oil above 4/5 thousand rpm. I've now got a new gasket ready to fit. Just need to down size on the jets a little. But it's fuckin quick. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...