Nico Bakker frame

Hello, I am new to the forum but a long time GSR forum member.

I am looking at a Nico Bakker frame, I have noticed there is not much about them on this site? I was told this is one of 50 frames produced by them.

Anybody have anything to say about the frames? It apparently was built for the 750-1100 Gs engines, 16 valve, but a 8 valve will probably fit also as there is not much difference in them.

Cheers,

Daryl

Bakker mostly aimed at building frames for racing purposes  so that's probably why he isnt that famous as Harris or Spondon i reckon.

They pop up once in a while if you can buy one at a decent price and you can afford it i say buy it.

As rene said bakker did a lot of development for bigger company's as Yamaha and BMW if company's like that turn to a small company in Holland they must do something right

The availability of parts is good news. It is a very decent price, a little over my current budget but doable, budgets are meant to be broken, right?

I am thinking this will be a 4-6 year project realistically, a 100 custom by me. Complete carbon bodywork etc, or a race replica. 

Time to sweeten up the wifey!

well known in European classic racing with a strong support based on CB / RSC engines - their frames are right up there with the best and one of the few that IMO have mastered the monoshock linkage - their nicest frames don't use a bell crank - direct link from swing arm to frame typically offset on one side so you get loads of room behind the engine / under the seat but the main point is you don't suffer from the sum of parts play you can get from a typical bell crank system - definitely one of the top frame builders that base their design on track experience

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:20 PM, Rene EFE said:

@Leblowski's Turbo is a Bakker. The company  is still trading and you can get anything they ever made done new, if your pockets are deep enough.

Most thing we now take for granted in chassis-design and technology was invented by this man.

This is the man on the left that is truly responsible for modern type frames that transfer load from the steering head to the swingarm pivot , most modern frames use this principal . can anyone name the frame.

1766_93_201-walmsley-matchless.jpg

On 05/03/2017 at 2:46 AM, cregnybaa said:

This is the man on the left that is truly responsible for modern type frames that transfer load from the steering head to the swingarm pivot , most modern frames use this principal . can anyone name the frame.

1766_93_201-walmsley-matchless.jpg

Trevor

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...

Well, that was a failure! We agreed on a price, I said I need to look at my schedule and will let you know when I will pick it up. Told him it may take a week  to find out but will get back to him on a date. Sent him an email 6 days later when I was coming to get it and he says he took a deposit on it! 

WTF!?

Dick head did not even ask for a deposit, we had an agreement! 

Oh well, looks like the GS1000 is going to get some upgrades instead! I am thinking 1100 jugs over bored, Ohlins and RS carbs.

cheers

• Like 1
  • 4 years later...