Slabbies fell in my lap.....need advice

Mackk

So a couple slabbies have fallen in my lap....the first is an 87 1100....apparently it was used for drag racing...it's been sitting a lotta years but it runs.....doesn't have correct wheels and no airbox....I'm no expert on slabbies so any thoughts or advice on what to look for before buying?  

The second flame bike is an 86 750 that the guy raced for 5 years...it seems like the uppers and mids are wrong?  He says it runs but doesn't presently have a fuel line hooked up as he only has use of one arm( waded his busa bad) but says it will run.

Would parts transfer between the two? 

He wants 2300 usd for both....both have clean title.... 

IMG_3866.JPG

IMG_3867.JPG

IMG_3868.JPG

IMG_3869.JPG

IMG_3870.JPG

IMG_3871.JPG

IMG_3872.JPG

IMG_3873.JPG

IMG_3874.JPG

IMG_3875.JPG

IMG_3876.JPG

IMG_3877.JPG

Even 2300 in quid is cheap for 2 bikes here in the UK. I don't know how much they go for over in the US though. If I was offered a slabbie 11 and a 750 for under 2500 quid, unless they were absolute wrecks, I would take them so fast the laws of physics may be brought into question. I would also have enough money for 5l of decent paint stripper for the one with flames all over it. I am no oil cooled expert but I think few parts are interchangeable between the 11 and 750. The engine mounts are all the same so motor switches are easy.

Edited by Dezza
5 hours ago, Mackk said:

Alright boys! You've convinced me....il have to bring from the states to Canada....which will add to the price slightly....but they are super rare in Canada as well.....don't really think I can go wrong.....7/11 perhaps! 

A 7/11??? There's  a 750 AND an 1100! Best of both worlds. Why fuck about? Keep them standard. As you said, they're rarer in Canada!

• Like 2
On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 5:17 AM, CockneyRick said:

Lot of parts are interchangeable, but just as many are not! I need a set of engine mounts (6 off) & can't find any over here in UK, so if you wanna part with a set ;)

I think il hang on to everything....hard to come by bits for these old ladies....also il be storing them for prob a year.....after my 11 k is done this is next in line to get some love.

78 z1r.

Edited by vizman
non suzuki pics

13 hours ago, Oilyspanner said:

Yep, do the deal Mack - how many times have all of us wished we'd bought something when we had the chance ? - this is one of those chances !

In the words of CC - buy buy buy !!

I'm working on it....some weird logistics to get them across border

• 2 months later...