Oil cooled 6 ?

I think I have seen a picture of the engine before after mentioning Allen Millyard's  creations in a post but not all the ones you've posted (y) ,on the Zeds and KH strokers he's created its relatively ( ! ! O.o ) easy to alter the press fit cranks to extend the number of cylinders and rephase the firing order ,do you know how this one was down? Great pics thanks for sharing them :tu

Edit : found it on you tube " how to build Suzuki Gsx r 1700 six cylinder " user BusaSrad Eskedal 

Edited by DAZ
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Joseph said:

Looks more like an aircooled 6 with an oilcooled head 

Does indeed - and that would be the logical way to do it - a press together crank makes the bottom end 'easy' whilst the head gets the 'cut and shut' mods with split cams etc. Although clever and no doubt well executed, none of them address the issue that *onda designed out - hanging the rotor / alternator / ignition off the end of the crank making a wide engine even wider - the CBX was little wider than a GS1000 where it mattered! Bearing in mind how easy it is to deck GSX engine cases when racing, these must be getting close in spirited road use? Looks like an external elec. oil pump is included - not a bad idea with an AC bottom end !

1 hour ago, Swiss Toni said:

I was just going to mention that one. I’d like to know more about it!

I did have a good chat with him on the Friday night while consuming lots of beer. It's based on a 750, crank is just pressed together and the cams are cut and shut using interference slugs no welding. He's a good engineer just did it to see if he could. @davecaraknows him better so might be able to tell more. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, inmate said:

Had a chat with Graham, I think it is, at Stafford. He has dozens of photos of his engine build, all done by hand, even cutting the engine cases. Clever lad, hopefully @davecaracan ask him to put up a build thread.

That was the thing which impressed me most when I was talking to Graham about it. Very simple techniques and tools used, but done with a great deal of skill and knowledge. 

On 1/5/2024 at 1:19 PM, Gixer1460 said:

Does indeed - and that would be the logical way to do it - a press together crank makes the bottom end 'easy' whilst the head gets the 'cut and shut' mods with split cams etc. Although clever and no doubt well executed, none of them address the issue that *onda designed out - hanging the rotor / alternator / ignition off the end of the crank making a wide engine even wider - the CBX was little wider than a GS1000 where it mattered! Bearing in mind how easy it is to deck GSX engine cases when racing, these must be getting close in spirited road use? Looks like an external elec. oil pump is included - not a bad idea with an AC bottom end !

alternatively, if you used a set of 750 aircooled cases, theyre a shell crank motor so you could use a stretched oilcooled crank as 750 aircooled cases are everywhere propping shed doors open and stopping canal barges from drifting away.....

25 minutes ago, johnr said:

alternatively, if you used a set of 750 aircooled cases, theyre a shell crank motor so you could use a stretched oilcooled crank as 750 aircooled cases are everywhere propping shed doors open and stopping canal barges from drifting away.....

Oil cooled cranks are one piece though so a bit more tricky to extend.