Hayabusa pistons

wraith

2 hours ago, wraith said:

I was asking because I have seen some one that site going very cheep, and it just got me thinking what the compression would be with them, you know how the brain starts thinking at times xD

It's been done combined with a dot head. A cheap 1216. Can't remember the details. Not as good results as a 'proper' kit due to the compression though. But alot cheaper!

Insurance on the turbo aint much more than a modded declared bike though.

8 hours ago, Mark said:

It's been done combined with a dot head. A cheap 1216. Can't remember the details. Not as good results as a 'proper' kit due to the compression though. But alot cheaper!

Is it really that much cheaper? JE hi comp pistons - £450 inc boring? Against  s/hand Busa pistons £100 + boring £60? + Barrel surfacing £60? + DOT head £150? - total = £370 and lightly to be sub 11:1 CR? Add in a new set of rings (not essential but why not with fresh bore) £80? and costs are comparable.

23 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

Is it really that much cheaper? JE hi comp pistons - £450 inc boring? Against  s/hand Busa pistons £100 + boring £60? + Barrel surfacing £60? + DOT head £150? - total = £370 and lightly to be sub 11:1 CR? Add in a new set of rings (not essential but why not with fresh bore) £80? and costs are comparable.

Where can you get JE pistons including boarding from for £450 ?

• Like 1

Now this is why my grey matter started xD, as I thought I read somewhere that someone, had used busa positions in a b12, skimmed the barrels by 0.5mm and put a DOT head on it.

But not sure how much 0.5mm off the barrels would interfere with the valve to position clearance?

Just did a quick google and a bit from the Proboard OSS site popped up @Jaydeeposted this,

" I remember Mustaphadump on the old site saying 1.2mm has to be skimmed off the barrels to get the compression and sqwish right for normally aspirated motor(on a 1127/1157 with standard 117mm rods) ."

I read the old post a little further and found that I had posted this later in the thread.

" Just found this on the Custom Fighters page.
Was posted by the man himself Mustaphadump (AKA Bill)

There's a whole lot more that can be done to a Bandit 1200, but if I was building a reasonably cheap powerful engine, I'd do the following.
1216cc using Busa pistons
deck 1.2mm off the block, to give zero deck with no gaskets.
GSXR750J/K head skimmed by 30 thou.
1 OEM base gasket, 1 Wiseco MLS head gasket 0.95mm squish
GSXR750J/K cams dialled in on slotted sprockets.
RS38 Mikuni flatslides, open with short velocity stacks.
Full exhaust system with no less than 350/400mm length can
Dyna2000 ignition system and Dyna 2.2ohm coils, Dyna/Taylor leads

This little lot should give you around 150bhp and 90lb/ft of torque, and be a very streetable motor, for not a lot of money"

Edited by SiBag
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, SiBag said:

Just did a quick google and a bit from the Proboard OSS site popped up @Jaydeeposted this,

" I remember Mustaphadump on the old site saying 1.2mm has to be skimmed off the barrels to get the compression and sqwish right for normally aspirated motor(on a 1127/1157 with standard 117mm rods) ."

I read the old post a little further and found that I had posted this later in the thread.

There's a whole lot more that can be done to a Bandit 1200, but if I was building a reasonably cheap powerful engine, I'd do the following.

This little lot should give you around 150bhp and 90lb/ft of torque, and be a very streetable motor, for not a lot of money"

Now that's what my head was thinking :D just could not remember the amount to skim off.

Nice one (y)

• 10 months later...

Hey guys. Sorry to hijack this thread but does anyone here know the difference between Gen 1&2 hayabusa rods and pistons?? Been told the only difference is the gudgeon pin diameter 18&20mm

just wondering why all the info I can find on the 1216 conversion recommends Gen 1 piston/rods and not Gen 2??

cheers O

4 hours ago, Otatts said:

Hey guys. Sorry to hijack this thread but does anyone here know the difference between Gen 1&2 hayabusa rods and pistons?? Been told the only difference is the gudgeon pin diameter 18&20mm

just wondering why all the info I can find on the 1216 conversion recommends Gen 1 piston/rods and not Gen 2??

cheers O

Was told that gen 2 busa rods will fit b12 crank but cannot confirm this as have not done it myself. 

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 1:18 PM, SiBag said:

Always intrigued me how he was going to achieve this bit ...given the piston would be out the block "see attached pic of a bus piston in stock block

1346274290_BUSADECK.thumb.JPG.bb8ca2adc8aef8521c92904c08e34f1d.JPG

He also talked about a 998cc motor using a 750 as the base...."which is possible I read some ware"

I also seam to recall a lot of broken promises and a member or two on the said board having to visit to get parts and money back after he went underground "allegedly"