Hayabusa pistons

wraith

16 hours ago, Duckndive said:

Always intrigued me how he was going to achieve this bit ...given the piston would be out the block "see attached pic of a bus piston in stock block

1346274290_BUSADECK.thumb.JPG.bb8ca2adc8aef8521c92904c08e34f1d.JPG

He also talked about a 998cc motor using a 750 as the base...."which is possible I read some ware"

I also seam to recall a lot of broken promises and a member or two on the said board having to visit to get parts and money back after he went underground "allegedly"

Yeah this sounded kind of extreme to me plus I won’t be able to fit RS carbs on as it’s going into my slingshot frame and clearance is already tight with a B12 with 36CV’s let alone DOT head with steeper intakes

i was wondering if running gen 2 rods and pistons would keep the compression drop to a minimum as the rods are longer  than B12 then using the dot head would bring the CR back up 1.5 (so I’ve read). So for instance if Busa rods and pistons in B12 brings the CR to 8:1 and the DOT head bumps it back up 1.5 then I’m back to standard bandit CR 9.5:1

guessing this would be a bit sluggish compared to say just bolting the DOT head straight on the standard bandit motor and having a CR of 11:1 and just saving the 1216 barrel /pistons and rods for a turbo set up for when the time comes

18 hours ago, no class said:

here you go ..... I think there is a wrist pin to top of piston difference from gen1 to gen2 ...... the gen2 crank was stroked as you may allready know .

CEAACCDF-EAB0-47F2-B757-136F4F12D488.png

Ah cool thanks man! 
yeah I was aware of the extra stroke and different head shape the boost CR on the gen 2 but wasn’t sure about the rod difference besides the pins

guessing gen 1 is just easier as you can use the B12 rods and get a lower CR for turbo set ups

trying to figure out if I can use the 1216/Busa setup for N/A with DOT head without skimming so I can use the barrels later for turbo 1216 with B12 head. 

1216 with 9.5:1 CR sounds like it isn’t worth the hassle

• 3 years later...
On 2/14/2020 at 4:18 AM, Otatts said:

Ah cool thanks man! 
yeah I was aware of the extra stroke and different head shape the boost CR on the gen 2 but wasn’t sure about the rod difference besides the pins

guessing gen 1 is just easier as you can use the B12 rods and get a lower CR for turbo set ups

trying to figure out if I can use the 1216/Busa setup for N/A with DOT head without skimming so I can use the barrels later for turbo 1216 with B12 head. 

1216 with 9.5:1 CR sounds like it isn’t worth the hassle

Did you ever figure out the comp ratio with the d-o-t head and Busa pistons?

doing the same but decking the block

3 hours ago, Duckndive said:

Doing the sums Based on my 1216 motor  but using Dot Head chamber size of 23cc it would be  

1216CR.thumb.jpg.9ff374ce06126dd394e962edf6e149a5.jpg

but you should do your own sums based on measuring your components 

Thanks a ton, can least do some estimates off a project I know works

Looks like ill

be a bit under my target with decking the block 1.2mm