another Kat from DB customs

nlovien

HE he, I hang out there also, some good stuff there but there are some turd polishers there also, and some unbelievable guys there with 15- 20,000 plus posts= no lifeO.o

I am really liking this place though, way more skill here when it comes to fabrication and imagination:pimp:

It's had a lot of expensive bit scattergunned at it - but no work put into cleaning up the electrical mess under the seat or modifying the subframe so it doesn't hang down underneath the seat unit?

Not a fan of the fairing with the weird extra cheek pieces (have seen one of these in the flesh, it looks even odder), and the carbon screen mount thing sits the windscreen up too high. also not a fan of the seat unit being "stinkbugged" like that.

• Like 2

It's a really nice bike but I prefer the ESD, pictures of which are going around at the moment. They'd both be better with round instead of wavy discs too, as would all bikes but that's just my preference. Great big expanses of carbon fibre also do not really suit older bikes, but again each to their own.

• Like 1

liking a lot of the comments - proper forks  / none wavy discs / old school aircoolled not suiting CF etc..  - I agree on all this and would add a preference for 18" wheels and a rear tyre size max 150 - maybe 160 tops - all part of keeping these things classic in style whilst offering a sprinkling of more up to date stuff - kinda morphing them into a classic prod. based period race bike 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, nlovien said:

liking a lot of the comments - proper forks  / none wavy discs / old school aircoolled not suiting CF etc..  - I agree on all this and would add a preference for 18" wheels and a rear tyre size max 150 - maybe 160 tops - all part of keeping these things classic in style whilst offering a sprinkling of more up to date stuff - kinda morphing them into a classic prod. based period race bike 

I don't,  just mod it and have done, lovely lines throw a turbo on the the front and away we go

I understand why they've done it - it'd look too much like a Sanctuary bike otherwise.

The ESD is mint, but same complaint - they didn't do anything with tidying up the electrical mess under the seat.

Saw a post that the 170hp is claimed to be at the crank, they're talking ~150hp at the back wheel, which is more believable with those shitty filters.

Also, looks like neither frame is braced?

Edited by Gammaboy
  • Like 1
On 13/10/2017 at 1:09 AM, Gammaboy said:

I understand why they've done it - it'd look too much like a Sanctuary bike otherwise.

The ESD is mint, but same complaint - they didn't do anything with tidying up the electrical mess under the seat.

Saw a post that the 170hp is claimed to be at the crank, they're talking ~150hp at the back wheel, which is more believable with those shitty filters.

Also, looks like neither frame is braced?

I have to agree. Where's the oil cooler? Why those tacky front indicators, the seat & the screen? Proof that having a big budget isn't always a substitute for taste. Shame really as this guy normally builds very nice stuff. 

• Like 1
On 10/15/2017 at 7:30 AM, coombehouse said:

I have to agree. Where's the oil cooler? Why those tacky front indicators, the seat & the screen? Proof that having a big budget isn't always a substitute for taste. Shame really as this guy normally builds very nice stuff. 

Have a look at where the horn is mounted... lol!

Hadn't even noticed the lack of oil cooler. Good luck with that.

150 BHP (lets just say) and no oil cooler.

I'm smelling something...........................something unpleasant.

I'm a cynical bastard (I'm Scottish, its in the genes) but...... don't believe it has that much BHP at the back wheel, because its very difficult to get that with just a set of flatslides and a pipe, and yes I know there are dyno graphs showing 150 BHP, but nothing to show its off that bike..

Has the eSD got a cooler but no hoses, or am I blind?