750 L questions

Just picked up this old girl,  with heaps of spare parts inc dot head and cosworth pistons, Yoshi valves , short stroke block etc  .  Anyway it was ex race bike and now has low comp on 2 cylinders (according to old owner)  it will run with choke on which seems strange if internally damaged,  owner said he was riding it made a noise and now it's like this.  Planing to pull head off and have a look but clearly head is not stock, he said possibly it had a bandit head is that possible?  Anyway I'm in two minds as to weather to go big bore setup or repair as is.  Before the mishap it made 128hp on the dyno, what would be expected power from big bore setup? 

IMG20170724192005.jpg

Combustion chamber might be a bit small and it probably won't breathe very well.  750s are  bit of a pain with rgard to parts swapping.  cylinders, ;istons. heads, cranks. rods and cases cant be swapped between long and short strokes.  Clutches and input gear shafts can't be swapped between slabbies and JKLM slingshots although they can be modified to fi.  Some of the spares you have you would have to get  a short stroke engine to use.

Sounds like a lot of work for something you can have a lot of problems with, the gsxr1100 down pips apart from being longer than the 750 have the same bore (I believe). If you want the power, sell the 750 motor and bits, keep the DOT head and get a gsxr1127 motor or b12 put the DOT head on that, cash better spent and more fun and much more potential. ;)

• Like 1

I need to keep the engine as its matching numbers,  the bike came with all the parts needed expect spacer plate,  however I'm kinda thinking it had 128hp when running and I'm guessing Max of 140 with big bore,  seems like a lot of work for small gain.  Then again I have $1400 coswortg pistons there doing nothing,  where would I go to sell these parts?  

I saw that for sale and was tempted. Have one exactly the same that I restored and fitted an 1100 to. If you're not too fussed about hp keep the 750 but if you want more, don't waste your time, just fit an 1100. It has some go fast goodies there already that you could use on the 1100 also