750 L questions

On 7/30/2017 at 11:58 PM, cregnybaa said:

No 1052/1127 will both go in.

Creg, the lad has a set of750 L cases which the 1052/1127/748 cranks won't fit.  I had to use a mixture of slabby 750 and 750L/M bottom end omponents to get my overbored slabby engine to workc.

Slabby cases, M crank clutch and gearbox, slabby bandit 600 cylinders with J/K liners, slabby cams, slabby ignition, slabby carbs.  Made 108 bhp but more importantly 58lbft at 8000rpm at rear wheel for Manx Grand Prix.  Then we really played with it and it knocked over a second off my regular lap times on a 1 minute lap.  Didn't re-test it but to actually notice a difference you need about 10% so I'd hazard a conservative guess at 115 to 120 bhp.  Enough to live with bigger stuff.  Creg is right though, a big 750 won't ever go as well as an 1100 based engine.  We've done well getting close to a 1052 output at 1000rpm more but to get significantly more would be stressing the components a bit too much for reliability.  BTW that power is achieved with a quiet exhaust system.  98 dB when the limit is 105dB so it could be 4 times noisier.