New bandit???????

you'll get the big motor in buddy, maybe fit reduced ID ex stubs until you get past the first turn then flare up,

jay gui do this - don't know the GSXR but the CB Gurls blouse guys get great performance from this pipe - forsure it costs a lot  - thinking more to mod. an existing pipe - pic is for a Gurls blouse  - GSXR uses same design

expipe5.jpg

Edited by vizman
2 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

What's the betting that's never been apart since Harris inserted it 20+ years ago! Its a step forward though!

Yup your right, its the bottom shock pin thats really defeating me, im going to make something to hold the swinger in a press and use that rather than beating it with a big hammer like i was taught in the Navy:tu:tu

anyway it progress

• Like 1

So tried pressing and warming and hitting with various hammers, that pins not moving, luckily there was 2mm gap between the shock and the swinger boss, so hacksaw and long series drill did the job, it was solid in thereo.O

DSCF1829_zpszfsjmyxk.jpg

DSCF1830_zpsoglfl3ms.jpg

DSCF1831_zpsmdkkm4iz.jpg

replacerd with a bandit suspension bolt :tu:tu

DSCF1832_zpslj1dzp6q.jpg

the shock spring is way to short for the body as well?????  very strange, at least it all moves now and isnt solid anymore. :):)

DSCF1833_zpszeocdxz5.jpg

Edited by fatblokeonbandit

So after 3 hours messing with spacers and washser and stuff, its in the middle:D:D

and the pipes will go on, its tight, flippin' tight but they will go, so I can crack on with the proper mounts and spacers knowing that it will work after all.:tu

And I really wish id marked the down pipes and link pipes so i knew where they all went, its like a very difficult 3 dimensional jigsaw puzzle.???:(

anyway time to start cooking a fatboys Sunday lunch and drink beeer....:)

DSCF1845_zpsksa88c8x.jpg

DSCF1847_zpsblf2dly2.jpg

DSCF1848_zpseckavniu.jpg

Edited by fatblokeonbandit
  • Like 4

Right this thing is really doing my tits in!!!!!!!!!!!!  now with the b12 engine bolted in, i cant get the carbs on with the alternator on!!!!!   so took off alternator, still dont go, so off with the outside carb tops, then it they fit:(

ARSE ARSE ARSE:(

Anyone got a 750 motor and a 6 inch rule, how much shorter are the 750 engines??????

DSCF1862_zpsrqdhzasq.jpg

DSCF1863_zpsqwp8qscw.jpg

DSCF1865_zps71twauqg.jpg

DSCF1866_zpsfxatc9zk.jpg

13 minutes ago, nlovien said:

wild idea - as you need the extra length to get the carbs into the rubbers, unbolt the rubbers from the block - fit to carb then see if you slide the whole assembly in 

Nightmare scenario! Trying to bolt that whole assembly up to the head - with limited access - virtually impossible!