New bandit???????

2 hours ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

Need to wind the motor over to check oil pressure, no oil cooler so had to make a temporary bypass pipe..:tu

DSCF1957_zpsaubwtv2a.jpg

DSCF1959_zpsxqz7qm6u.jpg

That is an  accident waiting to happen ......surely you can choose an alternate route for that hose . 

• 1 month later...

ight got some time in the garage, 1st priority is get some electricity to the engine and get it started  :tu
I have mark 2 loom and cdi and switch gear ignition switch clocks and all,  i have a mark 1 1200 engine fitted,
So swoped the pick up and neutral switch so the plugs match so i dont have to cut and shut any wires, by passed the side satnd and clutch switches, and pushed the tit, nothing, nada, nicht, nowt, fekall, nothing.  :(

Got neutral and oil light and all the lights and indicators work but nothing on then start button?????  O.o

so out with the spare starter solenoid, nowt, got me fluke out and started chasing my 12 volts in the starter circuit, very strange, only 5 volts down the starter wires to the solenoid, thats why it wont operate, so no clicky.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Long story  short i took the rh switches from my B12 I know works and connected it to the loom with the bikes alongside, pushed the tit and solenoid clicks every time.!!! ^_^

longer story even shorter took the switch gear apart and the contact in the start button was all green and corroded,  O.o

a bit of emery cloth and it fires the solenoid every time now, hooo fekin ray.... 2 hours to fault find that bugger,,, tomorrow its carbs on and find some oil:banana:

• Like 4

Anyway, fitted a set of Mikky Roonies to try and fire it up, put some oil in it and wound over with no petrol until the oil light went out  

F2XTUEy.jpg

Stuck some unleaded in and wound it over, cough cough fart splutter... O.o

Pulled the choke out and tried again bang vroom,.. hoorahhh :tu:tu:tu:banana:

p5IWmYq.jpg

it only flippin' works, my spare b12 motor sounds excellent no smoke or rattles, so I can now flog the engine, any one need one :banana:

Edited by fatblokeonbandit
1 hour ago, Dezza said:

Great it works OK. I may be interested in the engine. What is it's history?

It was made by Suzuki sometime between 1996 and 2000:tu

Thast why i wanted it running as I only had the sellers words about its history, hes said it was from a 1998 1200 mark 1 with 30K miles on it, and now having had it running I dont doubt that.

When i get the carbs sorted properly, one leaking from teh float bowl drain, ill get a small child with a mobile telepohone to do a video of it running:tu

• Like 2

Sounds like a good idea re: the 750 as a test seeing as the frame was designed for a 750 motor, albeit a larger air-cooled one. Anyway, have you compression tested the motor you may be selling? When you decide on what you want for it send me a PM.:)

12 hours ago, Dezza said:

Sounds like a good idea re: the 750 as a test seeing as the frame was designed for a 750 motor, albeit a larger air-cooled one. Anyway, have you compression tested the motor you may be selling? When you decide on what you want for it send me a PM.:)

Ill do a comp test and vid of it running before I pull the engine.:tu