wheelie wire?

Venom

I can imagine that some bikes have an electric [probably not mechanical in these space age days] retard function [other than the rider] for emissions .....but this is the first time I've ever heard of 'wheelie wire'.....

....anywhoo venom if you do cut some wires, make sure you leave enough meat on to join them back together. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, vizman said:

I

....anywhoo venom if you do cut some wires, make sure you leave enough meat on to join them back together. 

yes, I know that . Ive cut off  those wires in my B12 years ago but frankly speaking I see no difference . Im just curious if it will bring any effects in GSXR 1100 . Any effects, I dont expect + 20 HP or something like that .

Vizman heve you never heard about "wheelie wire" ? Really ? http://www.say what now!?.com/forums/15-oil-cooled-gixxers/261675-gsxr-1100-wheelie-wire.html

• Like 1

The RF9 has a pink wire that cuts power in the lower gears. It can be disconnected for more power in 1st.

Its not on any other water boiler though and I'm sure if it was on the oil cooled it would be known on here.

Serious answer over, back to the piss taking!

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Venom said:

yes, I know that . Ive cut off  those wires in my B12 years ago but frankly speaking I see no difference . Im just curious if it will bring any effects in GSXR 1100 . Any effects, I dont expect + 20 HP or something like that .

Vizman heve you never heard about "wheelie wire" ? Really ? http://www.say what now!?.com/forums/15-oil-cooled-gixxers/261675-gsxr-1100-wheelie-wire.html

I don't believe anything on the internet....

...and as of yet my unicorn trap is unsuccessful, maybe I should change the wire. 

...try leaving some money under your pillow case?

• Like 3

wheelie wire is on Blandit 1200, because gay Blandit owners can not handle too much power in low gears. And to make it easily recogniseable for people of the LBGT community (99% of B12 owners) Suzuki made it pink.

GSX-R1100's on the other hand are real men's bikes and don't have such aids.

[/serious mode off]

• Like 9

Timing retard? It delayed the advance of the timing in the first couple of gears to reduce the chance of wheelying. I think that's how it worked. 

I think some bikes you had to disconnect a plug that jumped two wires. Others you had to install a jumper wire but the more modern stuff you installed a TRE- Timing Retard Eliminator. 

the only bikes I've ever heard of having something like this are the top flight race reps, they've all got the anti-wheeleing, traction control, ABS all that jazz. Don't think that kind of tech was around back in aught five when the last of the B12s came out, sounds to me like someone has been feeding poor old Venom a load of crap. There's nothing mentioned in the Suzuki shop manual I have at home 

On 4/1/2016 at 10:34 AM, Boogieman said:

Timing retard? It delayed the advance of the timing in the first couple of gears to reduce the chance of wheelying. 

It was nothing to do with wheeling - a manufacturer produces a bike like a Blandit that wheelies everywhere then fits a wire to electronically stop it? Yeah Right!

IT was an emissions thing - not fuel economy but noise / sound! Bikes had to be tested at a certain rpm and if you make the engine 'flat' in that range = Pass test!

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Jocalopse said:

the only bikes I've ever heard of having something like this are the top flight race reps, they've all got the anti-wheeleing, traction control, ABS all that jazz. Don't think that kind of tech was around back in aught five when the last of the B12s came out, sounds to me like someone has been feeding poor old Venom a load of crap. There's nothing mentioned in the Suzuki shop manual I have at home 

yes, it was your wife

Edited by Venom
15 hours ago, KATANAMANGLER said:

Haven't seen a stupid question like this for a while. Good to see it generated some good humoured replies. Lets keep it that way.

But if you want to read much stupid answer feel free yourself and read above