wheelie wire?

Venom

I don't think the question is as stupid like mentioned. 

In Europe the France models were restricted back in the day. ONE of the restrictions on some models was actually a wire which was connected to the CDI. Bikes were restrticted on top HP but also on the first couple of gears. Don't know if the first gears got a lower top rpm or just another timing but you could delete (a part of) the restriction by disconnecting this wire which some of the people named ''wheeliewire'' or something.

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, Quist said:

In Europe the France models were restricted back in the day. ONE of the restrictions on some models was actually a wire which was connected to the CDI. Bikes were restrticted on top HP but also on the first couple of gears. Don't know if the first gears got a lower top rpm or just another timing but you could delete (a part of) the restriction by disconnecting this wire which some of the people named ''wheeliewire'' or something.

Quist if Im right this is matter of another timing .

KATANAMANGLER would you like to add something ? Try to read more,ask smart persons and maybe in the futire you will not write such  stupid comments .

vizman and you are think it is funny or something ? This is embarassing...Try to read and understand my first comment . I never wrote that I expect any extra horsepower or something . If you have nothing to say, just shout up your face.

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 6:50 PM, Gixer1460 said:

It was nothing to do with wheeling - a manufacturer produces a bike like a Blandit that wheelies everywhere then fits a wire to electronically stop it? Yeah Right!

IT was an emissions thing - not fuel economy but noise / sound! Bikes had to be tested at a certain rpm and if you make the engine 'flat' in that range = Pass test!

@Venom  this IS the answer.....

....wheelie wire is a new one to me......

.........you can call a plastic maggot a café racer and park it in your mancave......potato, tomato let's call the whole thing off.

Can I add some unicorn power to my horse power or are they not compatible?

I only want unicorn power in first at low rpm but I'm worried it might mix with horse power and become horsicorn power which I believe is nearly useless.

Im not ready to go full unicorn just yet.

• Like 3

Nice bit of art Vizman !

Venom me old Buddy, you've been at the end of some leg pulling, some good inventive stuff too !

The boring bit :

Our dear old bikes don't know what gear they're in (no gear position sensor), unlike some end of the 90s and beyond bikes - they produce the same power in every gear - hence the mythical status thing. I've read about a wheelie wire in the past, you can work right through your loom, there's no such thing . Later fuel injected bikes are another matter, but it was never about anti wheelie even then - as has been said, more about noise. Another myth is early Hayabusa 'full power', you see it in adverts- speed cap in sixth, yes, power cap no - if anything later bikes are smoother and more powerful . . . . another one is that 1100K had better cams - it made more power because the silencers on later ones had an extra baffle (more restrictive).

A lighter note :

I did see a Unicorn once, it was when I use to worship the Goddess 'Stella' and after a long night of worshipping I'm sure I saw a Unicorn, just before passing out into a righteous slumber ! - I didn't see a pink wire though, but an extra 1/2 hour of worship would've allowed me to see it and the Pixies of course . . . and ultimately A and E

• Like 8
7 hours ago, Quist said:

Jap imports had a similar set up to restrict the rev range in top gears. I removed the restriction from a mates Jap import bandit 750. The bike would splutter in higher gears and restrict the speed. The neutral switch had a pink and a blue/black wire. The pink gets grounded (I earthed this to the subframe) The blue/black wire has a resistance value that changes with each gear position. At the CDI, I put an inline 1.5 Kohm resistor on the blue/black wire so the CDI gets tricked in to thinking the resistance value (1.5 kohm) is for third gear when in 4th, 5th and 6th, which gives the full rev range in the top gears.

Disclaimer: No unicorns were hurt in this modification process. :D

Edited by Jaydee
Stepped in unicorn pooh.......
  • Like 2
On ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎07 at 9:40 AM, vizman said:

the bike the unicorn is riding [1100k] now has 19bup extra.....I've looked on the internet but I can't find a conversion table for unicorn/horse power.

I suggest to check what was the question again ( read several Times if it is necessary) and stop talking about BHP shit and other things .Question wasnt about BHP . If you have nothing to say, just dont do that .If you want to talk about unicorns try cartoon network .