MaxPeeding Rods for 1100W on a Bandit 12?

Qwik

They should be quite good stuff. If you want to be extra sure get the ends measured and use genuine ARP bolts. They claim to have ARP 2000 bolts but I have heard here and there that they are fakes. Not sure what's the truth.

This year I have tuned a GSX-R1000 drag bike with those. No problems at 400hp level.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Qwik said:

Good catch

it struck me as the sort of thing that might be used if you blew a motor and told them and theyd say 'ahh well you see, youre over revving them' which seems odd for a performance part built for tuned motors. and the gsxr w revs to 12k...
but that might just be my natural cynicism....

• Like 2

I thought Maxpeedingrods was/is crap..

I was looking at car parts not too long ago, turbochargers and suspension, that's when I heard about the brand. It was that cheap that raises questions. The reviews weren't good.

But a con rod hasn't got any moving parts, it might be ok.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, johnr said:

page says theyve a max rpm rating of 7000 to 9000 rpm doesnt the bandit motor redline at 10k?

I guess that's just copy-paste from some car rod description. Those rpm / power ratings for the rods are a bit funny in general too. There are so many variables affecting on what the rods can take so it's impossible to tell such limits for the rod itself...

6 hours ago, Reinhoud said:

I was looking at car parts not too long ago, turbochargers and suspension, that's when I heard about the brand. It was that cheap that raises questions. The reviews weren't good.

I have also heard that Maxpeeding turbos are crap. And they are so cheap that they just can't be good. Their rods aren't that cheap in comparison.

• Like 1
On 1/2/2024 at 5:32 PM, Arttu said:

I have also heard that Maxpeeding turbos are crap. And they are so cheap that they just can't be good. Their rods aren't that cheap in comparison.

What I can find the Maxpeeding is between 3 and 4 times cheaper then Carillo's.

This would be something I wouldn't have the guts to take the risk, suspension or a turbo failing is mostly very annoying, if a conrod fails there's a lot more damage..

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Reinhoud said:

What I can find the Maxpeeding is between 3 and 4 times cheaper then Carillo's.

This would be something I wouldn't have the guts to take the risk, suspension or a turbo failing is mostly very annoying, if a conrod fails there's a lot more damage..

Hmm... Just for reference, if we see US prices for Busa rods: CP-Carrillo - $1150-1430, Wossner - $900, Maxpeeding - $480. So about 2-3x difference. I can imagine getting some decent quality with that money if it's manufactured in cheaper location and some of marketing and profit overhead is cut away. In comparison Maxpeeding turbos start from $100 which is about 10x difference to genuine stuff so I highly doubt you can get anything decent for that cheap...

But naturally everyone must do their own choices and select what kind risks they want to take with their money. And I completely agree that risking with connecting rods is, well, risky. However, I know that these Maxpeeding rods have been used a lot also on pretty high power bikes and I haven't heard about problems any more than with brand name ones. So I think in this case the risk is fairly low.

Regarding costs noted above, I think sales volumes comes into the equation. China, where the majority of this stuff is made, will have a moderately large market for replacement turbo's, also selling same to most of south Asia so producing enormous volumes, cheaply pays off - you undercut the OEM market with shear volume and if it only lasts 30 - 50k miles - so what they are cheap enough to treat as a service item. The rods on the other hand are a 'niche' product - I can't imagine there are but 10 Bandits in China and globally how many are going to be needed so will be low volume but still can be done cheaper.

I think personally a forged rod will be better than a cast stock rod from whoever it is sourced from - a stock cast rod has shown it is capable of living at upto 250hp level in a 'gassed up' NA engine and just shy of around 280+hp with a turbo. Most builds rarely go over these levels so i'd suggest a Maxspeeding rod would be comfortable even at a 50% increase.

Rods VERY RARELY fail structurally on their own! Major cause is oil flow / bearings and then Rod Bolt failure. So, make sure about these and anything should live a long life IMHO!

8 hours ago, Upshotknothole said:

They do, but they're shorter and lower compression. Perfect for turbo builds, useless for NA builds.

I have busa rods in my 1277 na engine. Better rod/stroke ratio, less sidewall loading, better torque, better for high rpm, piston spend more time at TDC,  

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

I think personally a forged rod will be better than a cast stock rod from whoever it is sourced from - a stock cast rod has shown it is capable of living at upto 250hp level in a 'gassed up' NA engine and just shy of around 280+hp with a turbo. Most builds rarely go over these levels so i'd suggest a Maxspeeding rod would be comfortable even at a 50% increase.

Rods VERY RARELY fail structurally on their own! Major cause is oil flow / bearings and then Rod Bolt failure. So, make sure about these and anything should live a long life IMHO!

Did Suzuki ever use cast rods on any engine with a substantial displacement? I have never seen a stock GSX-R/F rod that wasn't forged.

15 hours ago, Arttu said:

Hmm... Just for reference, if we see US prices for Busa rods: CP-Carrillo - $1150-1430, Wossner - $900, Maxpeeding - $480. So about 2-3x difference. I can imagine getting some decent quality with that money if it's manufactured in cheaper location and some of marketing and profit overhead is cut away. In comparison Maxpeeding turbos start from $100 which is about 10x difference to genuine stuff so I highly doubt you can get anything decent for that cheap...

But naturally everyone must do their own choices and select what kind risks they want to take with their money. And I completely agree that risking with connecting rods is, well, risky. However, I know that these Maxpeeding rods have been used a lot also on pretty high power bikes and I haven't heard about problems any more than with brand name ones. So I think in this case the risk is fairly low.

Big chance I got thrown off currency rates, from USD to AUD.. Sometimes my computer goes by AUD sometimes by USD

I’ve never seen designed in China, only made in China . I’ve  been in manufacturing for 35+ years. I’ll never knowingly buy anything from China unless I have no choice. esp rods. You think they can prove they are actually 4340??!! Lol 

A lot of US high performance car parts are made in China and have proven to be on par with US made. They have the latest and greatest manufacturing technology that embarrasses the rest of the word. Bottom line it comes down to quality control. They can and will make anything you want, good, mediocre or shit. 

• Like 1