WHAT 1100 ENGINE

I HAVE A 1980 GSX1100ET BUT THE ENGINE NUMBER IS GS110-125655 WHICH I HAVE BEEN TOLD IS A KATANA ENGINE IS THIS CORRECT AS I WAS LOOKING AT A TRAC KING CLUTCH WHICH SAYS ITS FOR THE KATANA BUT DOESN'Y MENTION ANY OTHER MODEL WILL IT FIT MINE, THANKS FOR ANY HELP

sorry not been on for a few days, jeez wraith & blubber I didn't figure you were that sensitive how can I not like you if I don't know you. well said melkweg after riding old suzukis for 30 years now I must be a nasty bastard by now lol

• Like 4

thanks for the welcome blubber I'm glad you're blunt  just like me I hope you do sarcasm as well as life is so boring without it. now we're mates any ideas about which engine I have in my gsx1100et or if the katana clutch is the same, cheers

:banana:

• Like 1

FRAMELIST_1200-pix-wide.jpg

That's all i can find.

Not that clear.

A picture of your engine might help.

The engine color, type of camshaft ends, rotor diameter of the generator,  amount of bolts on the rocker cover , 2 or 3 bolts to hold the head to the cylinder ( exhaust side )

All these are give aways for the anoraks here ;)

7 hours ago, montjuic said:

sorry not been on for a few days, jeez wraith & blubber I didn't figure you were that sensitive how can I not like you if I don't know you. well said melkweg after riding old suzukis for 30 years now I must be a nasty bastard by now lol

Not very sensitive, compared to me a Rhino uses moisturiser.

I work in a quarry and with heavy machinery.

And you never knew me when I had my Rat Superdream, either!

SO WHAT ABOUT YOU, APART FROM A GSX MOTOR AND BEEN RIDING FOR 30 YEARS? :D

Edited by wraith

engines will be nigh on identical for anything that matters.  kat 1100 engine is same as the et aside from some slight differences with the crank where the rotor bolts on. will have chrome end caps on the head. all kats and et (1100) engines have gs110x engine numbers.  1980 will have 20 bolts holding rocker cover on (later engins had 24) clutch is the same,

• Like 2

thanks for all the info guys that's been really helpful, to answer wraith I've had my gsx1100et for 18 years now, I think she's a keeper don't you, before that a couple of gs750's with 3 months on a z650 but it wasn't a patch on my gs750 so fucked it off. I do have an rd400 for when the snow & ice is here in the north west of England though as I ride (ooer missus) all year. thanks again and stay sunny side up