Another EFE back on the road

matt

After a bit of a drawn out rebuild over the last year or so, my EFE is now MOT'd and back on the road.

I parked it up about 10 years ago when the engine developed an ominous noise, it just took longer than expected to get round to sorting it out.

Fitted the TL1000 front end and Bandit rear, new exhaust and various other bits and pieces, It now runs surprising well, just need to tweak the carbs a bit.

Certainly feels good to be back on the old girl, forgot what air cooled power felt like:)

IMG_20160723_151634472.jpg

• Like 15
  • 4 years later...
On 7/24/2016 at 10:46 AM, matt said:

After a bit of a drawn out rebuild over the last year or so, my EFE is now MOT'd and back on the road.

I parked it up about 10 years ago when the engine developed an ominous noise, it just took longer than expected to get round to sorting it out.

Fitted the TL1000 front end and Bandit rear, new exhaust and various other bits and pieces, It now runs surprising well, just need to tweak the carbs a bit.

Certainly feels good to be back on the old girl, forgot what air cooled power felt like:)

IMG_20160723_151634472.jpg

14 minutes ago, P40 said:

Hey !!!  Trick/awesome build really like  I want too do the same rear setup, any tips on  converting shock Would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks P40

Some free tips: 

Read the topics in the project sections,

Document your venture in your own project for others to learn,

Post a decent introduction in the general section

And most important... (re) read our terms of use... we are a wierd bunch and are proud of it xD

• Like 1

Hi, Glad you like it.

There are various ways to convert the back end, mine was done about 20 years ago by BigCC to take a slingshot arm and shock, it looks pretty basic with new brackets welded onto the upper and lower frame cross rails to take the top shock mounting and the lower shock linkage.

From what I have seen on various build threads since there are prettier and probably better engineered ways of doing it.

The bandit arm that I put in during the last update just needed some different spindle spacers to fit it in place of the slingshot arm, I also swapped out the old slingshot shock for a late model GSXR750 one.