Newark Winter Classic 6/7 Jan 2024

Paulm

4 hours ago, Wee Man said:

I could be persuaded xD

You must love travelling up and down the country in shite weather when you're knackered. xD

55 minutes ago, GeorgeEI7KO said:

I'll pass... To cold for me lol. Besides, I'll be busy getting ready for Stafford next year... 

You're fooling no one, I bet you're working away like a daemon on the Slabby, ferry and hotel booked and you'll be there with it on the stand. 

8 hours ago, Paulm said:

After a very successful show at Stafford,whos in for the Winter Classic at Newark Showground on 6/7 Jan 2024?

I'm a maybe/probably/possibly at the minute Paul. I need to speak to them about the trade stand then decide if it's trade, OSS or neither because I'm working on the draw through.

To my eye the ET was a bit of an odd fish on the Stafford stand in that it's a nice classic Suzuki. Plenty of those about at the shows, even an identical one (bar the exhaust) on the Air Cooled Suzuki stand. So I'd rather be at a show with a bike I feel better suits the OSS/modified vibe. Hopefully the draw through may be somewhere near at that point, so we'll see how it goes.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, imago said:

You must love travelling up and down the country in shite weather when you're knackered. xD

You're fooling no one, I bet you're working away like a daemon on the Slabby, ferry and hotel booked and you'll be there with it on the stand. 

I'm a maybe/probably/possibly at the minute Paul. I need to speak to them about the trade stand then decide if it's trade, OSS or neither because I'm working on the draw through.

To my eye the ET was a bit of an odd fish on the Stafford stand in that it's a nice classic Suzuki. Plenty of those about at the shows, even an identical one (bar the exhaust) on the Air Cooled Suzuki stand. So I'd rather be at a show with a bike I feel better suits the OSS/modified vibe. Hopefully the draw through may be somewhere near at that point, so we'll see how it goes.

Bring the draw through as a work in progress if you want to Larry,its kinda refreshing to have a standard bike on the stand to be honest,or i may have to find a Gurls blouse to put on the stand again:D

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Paulm said:

Bring the draw through as a work in progress if you want to Larry,its kinda refreshing to have a standard bike on the stand to be honest,or i may have to find a Gurls blouse to put on the stand again:D

You attracted the last one without even trying. xD

Bringing the draw through WIP would be the plan, and it should be OK but as with any build at this stage there are a fair few moving parts and I'm not in control of them all. :tu A stock bike is OK, and I like the ET that way (obviously) but it's not really what OSS is about so I'd prefer to be there with something which was.

43 minutes ago, imago said:

You attracted the last one without even trying. xD

Bringing the draw through WIP would be the plan, and it should be OK but as with any build at this stage there are a fair few moving parts and I'm not in control of them all. :tu A stock bike is OK, and I like the ET that way (obviously) but it's not really what OSS is about so I'd prefer to be there with something which was.

Know where there's a trick katana up for grabs 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, imago said:

I haven been out near it since before I left for Stafford. Been on nights since I got back. But im off from tomorrow morning for 10 days or so. Ive a pile of radio work to plough through to generate some cash. My target is Stafford. All ahead full!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Blubber changed the title to Newark Winter Classic 6/7 Jan 2024
6 hours ago, fatblokeonbandit said:

Fook me that is a long way norff, nearly in Scotland.....!!!!

If your short of bikes, Chubbs,  you can borrow Brian, Im sure we can get it up there some how, but ill be working away, I think straight after crimbo...:tu

I might even clean it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Slim..:D

Thanks for the offer my rotund friend,I'll let you know if need be,much appreciated:D