cregnybaa's slabbies

R1guy

7 hours ago, dupersunc said:

Lovely collection. What's the story/stories behind them?

I have owned and raced gsxr's  from the beginning in 1985, these are just some random pictures that I already had on the computer. the number 17 yellow plate was my first the photo was taken during the 1986 senior manx gp at ballacrye jump that's as fast as you can get to it in top. I have raced in the manx over a 30 year period starting in 1980 and my last ride being the 2010  classic superbike race of which I finished 3rd that's the picture with three bikes lined up 72.73.79  that's Mark Buckley sadly now dead Michael Dunlop and my bike 79 this was the best finish that I had in the manx but with the manx now being overrun with TT riders I decided it was time to stop. after a year or so of getting bored just watching I decided to build another bike for the classic TT as its now called , the bike I built is the blue one in the pictures number 50.33.32 the idea was to put something together that was not going to break the bank but would be a good reliable ride , well three classic TT's  two pre TT races and three seasons using it at Aintree without any serious mishaps it seems to have done that. the bike has 1166 j-e piston kit 6 speed gearbox r6 forks and brakes ohlins rear suspension 38mm carbs, the rider is Dennis Booth from Ballamena northern Ireland. that's Dennis standing by the bike with his wife and daughter if you look closely you can see the silver replica on the tank, last year this bike was the 4th Suzuki to finish in the classic superbike race the three in front where Michael Dunlop xr69 team classic Suzuki York, Gary Johnson xr69 team classic Suzuki York and Danny Webb xr 69 team  classic Suzuki York this team is supported by Suzuki GB . so my bike was the first standard framed gsxr to finish. Dennis finished 12th wth a fastest lap of 115.38 mph lap this must be getting near to the fastest lap an 1100 slabby has done. We are going back again this year to see what we can do this time, I am at the moment building another engine hopefully it will be as good as the first but maybe a bit quicker. The skoal bike was built as a spare bike it is much the same spec as the blue one but Dean painted it skoal bandit as a tribute to smutty Robinson . This bike I lent to Gavin Lupton at  last years classic TT sadly he had fuel starvation problems but still lapped at over 114mph from a standing start.

• Like 9
  • 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, busa ash said:

glad to see your a suzuki man and on the right forum  great too see your bikes and too know they are used properly(y)

Thanks ash, I started my racing adventure on a Suzuki a T20 40 years ago have ridden all sorts of things in between but Suzuki's have been good for me over the years.

• Like 1