my sick GSX

I have the same wheel in a standard katana swingarm.

I'm using a a brake caliper from a GSX750F, a 170 tyre, and I forgot what sprocket carrier,,, I think the stock one.
I also use a 14mm offset sprocket on the front and the chain (530) runs clear from the frame, and from the tyre.
And I made a few spacers to make it all fit.

Hi, thanks for replies, could you tell me what size tyre and wheel you are useing. At the moment I have a 4.5 inch wheel in the arm with out a  tyre and everything is ok, but when I put the 5.5 wheel in chain(530) is to close to tyre/frame etc.I know I would have to use an offset  eng sprocket not a problem. Thanks.

ok it sounds a bit drastic , however its modded professionally  where the chain run pasted the frame,

its cut half way through, and then in filled with cut to shape replacement piece material

the wheel is 5.5 inch from a suzuki 1200 bandit  

i will take a photo at the weekend and post it

Hi 

The problem is that it kills a battery once a year,

Left standing for more than a week the battery is dead and need a re charge

i have now replaced battery with a gel type (fingers crossed)

and re built the starter motor as i noticed the live terminal was moving around and felt wrong

on inspection the plastic/nylon inner washer was destroyed and the brushes badly worn   

battery is charging on the multi meter

so lets wait and see

Without sounding too obvious you've got a permanent drain somewhere! Alarms are famous battery killers - I mullered an expensive gel unit when I locked the steering in the park position so the front side light was on - no back lights at the time - and as it was facing a wall I didn't see the tiny glow for 3 months = flat as a sheet of paper ! Out with the multi meter and check draw on each fused circuit.

1 hour ago, NLenton said:

Hi 

The problem is that it kills a battery once a year,

Left standing for more than a week the battery is dead and need a re charge

i have now replaced battery with a gel type (fingers crossed)

and re built the starter motor as i noticed the live terminal was moving around and felt wrong

on inspection the plastic/nylon inner washer was destroyed and the brushes badly worn   

battery is charging on the multi meter

so lets wait and see

Have a look at the topic you opened specifically for the "battery-killing"..

I reckon there is no drain, the battery simply gets a beating from the poor charging circuit.. Compare the multimeter readings at tickover and over 5000 rpm.. That should demonstrate the problem..

• 1 month later...