Just kicked a guy in the nutzz for this

TiZiK

When it rains, it pours. Deals that is! While waiting to get my hands on a pair of RG 250s for $800 Canadian, a buddy calls me up with a lead on an 89 GSXR 1100. Says the guy is looking for $1500 or so. 

Long story short, go to see the bike, needs tires, chain n sprockets, battery and a carb clean. So I kicked him in the nutzz and stole it for $400! Haha

Looking to get the fairings to original looking. Have a 2mm overbore high comp engine I might swap in. It was late when I got home and it's possible rain today so still need to get out to the shop and give her a good look over. 

Smokin deal if I do say socid_182.thumb.jpeg.b1b4b3611cee9533a6cd1cid_180.thumb.jpeg.6309d94e7c29c01ff6968

• Like 4

89 model has shorter hose on rear shock and reservoir mounted behind the sidepanel, 90 bike has longer hose and reservoir mounted visible near rear turn signal. So this could be a 89 bike with usd fitted later, or a 90 bike with rear shock reservoir hidden behind sidepanel.

Either way $400 is fucking cheap. I'm not jealous (much).

2 hours ago, Jocalopse said:

I wonder if there is a difference between North America and England because I pick up an 89 that has USD forks as well, not in the shape this is, but still an '89....

by the way, Hi George, this is Jordan

Hey Jordan!

4 minutes ago, captain chaos said:

89 model has shorter hose on rear shock and reservoir mounted behind the sidepanel, 90 bike has longer hose and reservoir mounted visible near rear turn signal. So this could be a 89 bike with usd fitted later, or a 90 bike with rear shock reservoir hidden behind sidepanel.

Either way $400 is fucking cheap. I'm not jealous (much).

Quite possibly true that USDs were swapped at some point. Just check the parts fiche and 89-90 show regular forks.   Either way....yay for my score!

10th digit of VIN is a K

5 hours ago, captain chaos said:

here's a pic of my 750L with 1100 engine, for some inspiration.

IMG_3499_zps2fz6ot0b.jpg

You had to didn't ya!?!? Lol. I do love the red and black. Also the black and silver. May keep it all black to match the all black slabby. Choices, choices.... Let's see how she checks out mechanically for now. 

On 19/03/2016 at 1:37 PM, p4ddy said:

Did you drug him.or get him pissed first??

He was in the middle of crushin a few Budweiser. Lol 

On 26/03/2016 at 8:25 AM, Maggotbreath said:

Jeez haven't been on here enough. That's a awesome machine George, congratulations!

Thanks Gord. It's actually in pretty good shape considering. Might bring it up to snuff and flip it. Wanting one in original condition and colors. Hope all is well with you.