Talk me out of, or into, buying this

To buy an RG or not buy the RG  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you grab both for $800 canadian dollars or onr for $500

• grab both for $800 canadian dollars?
    • Grab the blue one for $500 and focus on rebuilding that

These 2 RGs are for sale close to me.  I'm first in line for when the guy gets back in town.  Talking to him, he says the blue one is fully complete, but has a blown bottom end.  The second parts bike has a complete engine in unknown condition, but no front end.

What would you do? Buy both for $800 canadian dollars?  Or just get the complete one for $500 CAN and rebuild the engine?

I work as a tech at a Suzuki dealer and mostly all parts needed are available, and at a staff discount. ;) 

00e0e_3j4dHnHp6he_600x450_zpsatjnhxwf.jp

00w0w_jTykTD7XDRs_600x450_zpso6cacot8.jp

01515_6P3JjZdPY0K_600x450_zpscanja76z.jp

00m0m_1GzsNV4oj1U_50x50c_zpsfh6rd50s.jpg

Edited by TiZiK
  • Like 2
On 08/03/2016 at 9:19 AM, captain chaos said:

buy now, think later. Same as with aircooled 1100's.

Aint that the truth lol....

Buy them both.I am biased though as my first Suzuki i ever bought was an RG250,many moons ago.I wish i still had it.

Edited by Sheep
  • Like 1

It was kind of a rhetorical question. Haha

Waiting for the guy to get back in town. Meanwhile, just scored an 89 Gsxr 1100. Complete and running for $400! Beat that guy up for it. Ha-ha needs the usual stuff tho. Chain, sprockets, tires, battery, carb clean etc but it's all there. Definitely a buy now, think later....

cid_182.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So went on the road trip today. Decided to pass. They were in rough shape. The blue tank was so rusted the gas cap was just floating. The second tank was rusted out along the seams. They were stored outside, near the saltwater coast. The carbs were fuzzy with corrosion. Every piece of plastic need attention. The list goes on.  

There is a shop locally selling one I great shape. Running. Riding. Complete. They're asking 3995 Canadian. It would cost me more than that, plus a few years, to bring this up to snuff. 

Ah well.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...