Rea Repairs OSS open day 21st & 22nd September.

Need to start confirming who will be there for the overnight. Drop in or day visitors more than welcome, just drop by as you can/want to.

I need to know numbers for the overnight to see if I'm laying on food or if it's only a few then we can sort as needed (loads of places nearby and well served by JustEat etc). If you're stopping over then you'll need to bring something to sleep on/in. Clean bog, sink and a kitchen area for brews etc are in the building, loads of parking space outside.

The format is basically the usual OSS gathering style, chat bollocks, eat, drink and be merry. 

Arrive whatever time suits, depart similarly, Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd September.

Unit 18a, Walkers Road, North Moons Moat Ind Est, Redditch. B98 9HE.

20240712_095540.thumb.jpg.9c45dadb569e83619461d1ff0b73afa3.jpg

45 minutes ago, Paulm said:

Put me down for overnight Larry,should be ok for that as long as me mum is still mooching along ok.

No problem Paul, we can't plan for the life stuff. :tu

I'm thinking if there's half a dozen or more I'll get Simone to do her Caribbean cooking thing. Less than that and we can order in or walk round to one of the pubs. I know @clivegtois in for the overnight too, but I think @davecarahas stuff on that weekend and @GeorgeEI7KOis a maybe depending on flights. 

There's full workshop facilities so @gsxwill be OK. xD

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Wee Man said:

Overnight for me please. 

Because of the distance and your shift thing if you want (or it's easier) for you to turn up on the Friday and go Saturday or arrive Sunday go back Monday that's not a problem. (y)

• Like 1
5 hours ago, imago said:

Because of the distance and your shift thing if you want (or it's easier) for you to turn up on the Friday and go Saturday or arrive Sunday go back Monday that's not a problem. (y)

Cheers Larry. On annual leave then, so no worries about zooming away for work. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

We're 4 weeks away now, and given the numbers staying overnight I don't think it justifies full catering on site. There are loads of options to order in, and a couple of eatery type pubs within easy walking distance. There's also this place  literally a couple of steps from the workshop door should anyone get peckish later on. 

So I think we'll keep it simple and do it that way this time round. (y)

In terms of timing I'll be there for a normal start on the Friday from 07:00 and then stay over until whenever people drift off on the Sunday.

Oh, and if you want a chair, bring a chair. :tu

• Like 2

I've just been chatting to Adam and negotiated a healthy OSS discount. Who's Adam you ask? Well, he's the owner of the burger/dessert/ice cream/churro place across the road (link in the post above). :tu

He says just walk over, ask them for whatever you want from the menu and they shall provide. (y)

• Like 1