Oldskoolsuzuki track-day and get together Cadwell July 2016

What an amazing weekend. When we took the decision to arrange OSS gatherings around bike focused events we knew it was the right thing to do. I now believe more than ever that this is the way we must continue to go. Yes there was beer , yes there was BBQ and banter but OSS bikes, doing what they should and were built to do, were centre stage. The OSS bikes looked great on track and they literally stole the show winning 2 of the practical sportsbike magazine awards. ( congratulations both)

Thank you to YJ and Dave for all of the work that they put into creating our own little OSS event inside the larger event.

In summary, I think it is fair to say we had a wheelie , wheelie , wheelie good time.

13603557_10154227959790256_8842973700350478241_o.jpg

13661763_10154227956845256_4986480421219778081_o.jpg

13668770_10154227956600256_1327183268628706928_o.jpg

• Like 18
Guest YoshiJohnny

I was fucking awesome....

:D

Seriously it was a hoot, thanks to all that came.

Next year I am gonna do the back wheel off the floor thing...

YJ

25 minutes ago, YoshiJohnny said:

my back wheel wasn't 4"" off the floor like Jamie Whitham but I could have...if I wanted to....

As long as you know you could have done it that's all that matters:tu

Still some impressive pics though,good to meet the Dutch OSS boys who saved me a flat battery when I left my ignition on and  @Rene EFE at the fuel stop plus had a good chat with @downtheshed couldn't catch up with anyone else but will do next time roll on Donington 

Edited by Simbec1863
  • Like 1
Guest YoshiJohnny
2 hours ago, KATANAMANGLER said:

What an amazing weekend. When we took the decision to arrange OSS gatherings around bike focused events we knew it was the right thing to do. I now believe more than ever that this is the way we must continue to go. Yes there was beer , yes there was BBQ and banter but OSS bikes, doing what they should and were built to do, were centre stage. The OSS bikes looked great on track and they literally stole the show winning 2 of the practical sportsbike magazine awards. ( congratulations both)

Thank you to YJ and Dave for all of the work that they put into creating our own little OSS event inside the larger event.

In summary, I think it is fair to say we had a wheelie , wheelie , wheelie good time.

13603557_10154227959790256_8842973700350478241_o.jpg

13661763_10154227956845256_4986480421219778081_o.jpg

13668770_10154227956600256_1327183268628706928_o.jpg

319573_10150337578897733_1417664079_n.jpg

Hi guys....Firstly I will apologise for not meeting all of you although those I did get to meet were real decent people...This weekend was a mixed bag for us (family) due to the missus becoming ill on Friday night bless her...she spent most of Saturday wrapped up in the tent which meant I had to keep the kids entertained.They found it hard being cooped up out of the rain.....

As for the track action I was definitely in the wrong group as guys were passing me like I was pushing my bike around,Yoshi springs to mind haha..I did consider moving groups at the beginning but I thought if I stayed in the fast group it would make you all look better.The first session out I span the back wheel exiting the paddock,not a good start and did the same thing everytime i ent up the hill,i may not of got any air but the drifting must have looked cool,then again maybe not....I did tag onto the back of an Exup i think and kept him honest...i even passed him on my last session,hurrah!!!...i also forgot to pick up my clear visor which was stupid...(any more excuses)..

Then to cap it all my daughter rang me to say her baby is having to go in the the hospital :( ..its all good though,just a slight panic for a moment.

Shame about the weather but at least i learned how to roll the throttle on better in the wet,i also need to get the carbs running better,and i need some of those tyres you guys ran ;)

Oh and last thing,those Dutch guys are 'really crazy guys yesh'.....Thanks OSS....

• Like 3
Guest YoshiJohnny
1 hour ago, Sheep said:

Hi guys....Firstly I will apologise for not meeting all of you although those I did get to meet were real decent people...This weekend was a mixed bag for us (family) due to the missus becoming ill on Friday night bless her...she spent most of Saturday wrapped up in the tent which meant I had to keep the kids entertained.They found it hard being cooped up out of the rain.....

As for the track action I was definitely in the wrong group as guys were passing me like I was pushing my bike around,Yoshi springs to mind haha..I did consider moving groups at the beginning but I thought if I stayed in the fast group it would make you all look better.The first session out I span the back wheel exiting the paddock,not a good start and did the same thing everytime i ent up the hill,i may not of got any air but the drifting must have looked cool,then again maybe not....I did tag onto the back of an Exup i think and kept him honest...i even passed him on my last session,hurrah!!!...i also forgot to pick up my clear visor which was stupid...(any more excuses)..

Then to cap it all my daughter rang me to say her baby is having to go in the the hospital :( ..its all good though,just a slight panic for a moment.

Shame about the weather but at least i learned how to roll the throttle on better in the wet,i also need to get the carbs running better,and i need some of those tyres you guys ran ;)

Oh and last thing,those Dutch guys are 'really crazy guys yesh'.....Thanks OSS....

I didn't seem to stop.... but didn't actually do very much..

I think we said hello but if we didn't I am sorry dude...  hope your missus gets better soon and the kids are OK

I didn't pass many... they were coming around me here there and everywhere lol.... it's a bit daunting but pretty safe...just not what you are used to...generally lots of room given...

Catch you next time

It was good fun.....i felt i could have gone quicker if the track stayed dry.The tyres showed signs of warming up by the end of the day lol...i dont know how old they are but they kept me upright....

My tactic of starting each session near the back paid off...that way it took them longer to catch me up.

Who was on the GS1000 in the Red group???..he passed me on the outside of Chris Curve,knee down elbows out hanging like a monkey but he looked so friggin cool...he has some talent :tu

• Like 2
Guest YoshiJohnny
42 minutes ago, Sheep said:

It was good fun.....i felt i could have gone quicker if the track stayed dry.The tyres showed signs of warming up by the end of the day lol...i dont know how old they are but they kept me upright....

My tactic of starting each session near the back paid off...that way it took them longer to catch me up.

Who was on the GS1000 in the Red group???..he passed me on the outside of Chris Curve,knee down elbows out hanging like a monkey but he looked so friggin cool...he has some talent :tu

that was a guy who I chatted to in the queue for sound testing...he's had loads of issues with it but it came past me at a good pace too...he reckons it has 142 at the back wheel so pretty good going... 8 plug head, CRs and a load of money chucked at it

Edited by YoshiJohnny

Honestly, I don't know where to start. I've been through such an amazing rollercoaster the last 2 weeks with Spa and now Cadwell.

Thank you all VERY much for being a part of this. We had a bit of a headcount and we came close to 50. That's quite a turnout for something that you can hardly call a "Club" and I am very honoured to be part of this.

• Like 6