Clutch woes

gsx

Right gents been tearing me hair out with this one .

I have a very posh 16 mm remote res clutch lever linked up to a mk 2 bandit sprocket cover and slave, its always dragged with lever pulled in when in gear .

Stripped it all down to change the shite sweating res hose, pulled the slave apart to inspect that and all good , bled it to death too. 100 mm pushrod, tried 110 but far to long . Issue is it doesn't activate the clutch at all , well about a mm . With the cover off again the slave only moves about 2 mm per lever pull.

Options as i see them are try bandit res or cable clutch . Sorry for the long ramble , any thoughts appreciated 

5 hours ago, Pegleg said:

Had similar issue with my 1200. Had 600 pushrod fitted, the one through the gearbox shaft, which was too short. Has the clutch ever worked properly? 

Yeah sort of but dragged when stationery in gear , just tried  14 mm gsxr res but couldn't be arsed to bleed it through . Put the posh one back on  and on as sprocket cover is  off and laid flat have noticed fluid seeping from slave . Gonna order a new seal . Its on a gsxr 11 by the way and did i mention brake fluid makes me rollies taste rank !

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, gsx said:

Nice one ,I'll cut one down , ruined a perfectly good screwdriver for other pushrod , same diameter 

Haha. Yeah i did the same.

I have a GSXF 1100 with 750 box and slabside clutch with mk2 bandit sprocket cover, it took a bit of testing but ended up being the 101.5 rod.

GSXFs and Bandits, 7R and slabside 11 use a 92mm, so no idea why i didn't need that one, however, After much testing it it is clear that the total length of the whole system including disc stack height needs to be spot on

1 hour ago, Duckndive said:

Given all the probs folk seem to have with the Hydraulic Operation :/

I'm thankful I've always used cable operation on oil boilers :)

I've never had a problem, even swapping diaphragm to spring and spring with lock-ups - fill. bleed, work! Only thing I needed to do with clutch swap is add a 6mm ball bearing over the push rod - couldn't be arsed to make a new one as it just worked!

• Like 1