Clutch woes

gsx

• 3 weeks later...

Well a couple of things , hel very nicely sent me a brand new master ,  a gsxr one is 15 or 16mm but they have had a bit of feed back and sent me a 19mm one . Result lots more pressure but clutch still not engaging soo eventually managed to get the lock up back plate off which replaces the 50mm nut and found this ,  okay about load pictures but one of the diagram washers had a 25mm section broken out !O.o

Thanks to Wayne for getting the lockup plate out and @Duckndive for the new nut 

Edited by gsx
I'm thick
1 hour ago, gsx said:

Me again ffs , I've done everything, bigger master , longer pushrod, dropped the plates and frictions out , stumped ? Help

I wonder if it's something cracked or bent? I'm thinking the lifter plate at the back, or the cover etc at the front. Looks OK, measures as it should, then when pressures applied instead of getting full travel from the push rod some of it is being taken up by the cracks flexing. 

I'll reply to all thanks, fibres are soaked and within tolerance,pushrod was 100mm but now 105 but to get it to fit  the slave had to be forced back and the casing was awkward to get on . 100mm didn't seem to push the clutch side up to circlip. Its got new diagram springs and I've tried everything, at a complete loss , shall take some pictures , cheers fellas

1 hour ago, imago said:

I wonder if it's something cracked or bent? I'm thinking the lifter plate at the back, or the cover etc at the front. Looks OK, measures as it should, then when pressures applied instead of getting full travel from the push rod some of it is being taken up by the cracks flexing. 

Had one bolt missing in the sprocket cover , back one between chain runs and now it will push in gear with resistance (y) we're getting there so, longer push rod ? Bearing in mind casing had to be pulled up with the bolts but with 100 mm rod every time it was stripped the slave seemed to be at its full extent . Never had any of this grief before, cheers Larry

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Gsxrsam said:

The 100mm rod was up to a certain chassis number then it swapped to 105.5...... Chassis number change is on robinson foundries parts diagram.......

Just put 108 in it ,no difference. Gonna wedge the front wheel in the corner of the shed and fire it up O.o just wondering if something has worked loose behind the basket 

Edited by gsx
I'm thick
37 minutes ago, gsx said:

:)think i could have saved a weeks worth of fucking about if I'd tried this earlier 16969454997446737264575581290024.thumb.jpg.dd381beffe787e5458cdf21026d7f369.jpg

That should be on the OSS banner/gazebo as an unofficial emblem. A hammer and a burnout mark. xD

As to why you didn't try it earlier, the Basil Fawlty "Right you bastard!" method is only ever employed when you've either :-

a) Exhausted all other engineering approaches. 

Or

b) So fucked off with it you no longer care what the outcome is.

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, imago said:

That should be on the OSS banner/gazebo as an unofficial emblem. A hammer and a burnout mark. xD

As to why you didn't try it earlier, the Basil Fawlty "Right you bastard!" method is only ever employed when you've either :-

a) Exhausted all other engineering approaches. 

Or

b) So fucked off with it you no longer care what the outcome is.

That's brightened up my day mate  :D thank you