Stafford Classic Motorcycle Show 14/15 October 2023. Done!

davecara

24 minutes ago, Wee Man said:

Count me in. Thoroughly enjoyed it last year...if you miscounted the KFC incident :D

None of that hotel nonsense this year either!

7 minutes ago, imago said:

I'm in, no idea at this stage with what but most likely will be the stock ET as it's the only one complete.

So long as its got the right badge on the tank it doesn't matter :pimp:

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, davecara said:

None of that hotel nonsense this year either!

We'll see, I'm with @Wee Manon that. Back of a van in cold and no doubt rainy mid-October vs a warm comfy bed, shower and a cooked breakfast. O.oxD

Maybe have a word with the organisers and see if they'll move the show to late August? ;)

Edited by imago
  • Like 1
  • davecara changed the title to Stafford Classic Motorcycle Show 14/15 October 2023 *STAND CONFIRMED*

11 x 3m stand in the main hall confirmed this morning. The slim one and I reckon that to be about 10/11 bikes? 

Names please!

@davecara @Paulm @Wee Man@Bow @SiBag @imago @clairetoo  @clivegto  @Svsam @jb

Add your names please, if we get a definitive list together 5 weeks before show date then we get published in the program and the bikes can be judged along with the stand. I wouldn't usually be arsed but seeing as we won best stand last year it'd be nice to get some more silverware for some of us!

Edited by davecara
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Who's doing van and who's doing hotel?

I ask because room bookings will start filling up soon and much as I enjoy your company, bollocks to sleeping in a van in October (even without flies!). So for me it's going to be a few beers and taxi back to warm and comfy. (y)

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, davecara said:

See if you can find some of that Moonshine @Blubber brought over, that'll keep you toasty in the back of a van if you drink enough of it!

To be honest it's not the cold, just that these days if I have more than one night not in a proper bed with a pillow my neck plays absolute havoc for weeks after. Two of the vertebrae are fused, so when it goes out of line even slightly it loads up the one below and above at which point cutting my own head off becomes a serious option. I know you know exactly the sort of pain I'm talking about.

Anyway, given how close Stafford is to me what I save on diesel I can spend on a room and end up with the weekend costing the same as everyone else anyway. ;)

• Like 1