Rotor broke

Blue

Set out to a bike meet I’ve heard about, which is about 20 miles away. After about 1.25 miles the bike suddenly cut out then back fired, I clutched in & rolled to a stop. Checked fuel hoses not crinked, tried to start but no go! Checked fuses but none blown! For some reason I thought I’d take right side engine cover off as I always carry an Allen key in my leathers, I found this- so I had to push it back home! Q1 will timing etc be ok? Q2 which model rotors fit my 1127? Q3 what’s inside the hole at the bottom? 

47A17A15-B975-4EBA-8A85-FF6FA53DBC3F.jpeg

Have to tell you that isn't an 1127 rotor or pick up plate! Its an earlier 1052 type!

And re Piccy above - you'll need the corresponding  Spark box and because its a Blandit you'll need the Blandit Ignition switch or a way of 'fooling' the electrics to work!

Edited by Gixer1460

So a previous owner has used a 1052 rotor then? Is this setup ok? The Dyno man said he thought there is an electrical problem, like a switch going on & off real fast could this be the problem? I haven’t noticed it whilst riding though 

Edited by Blue

That setup is fine to be used with the correct cdi. Which you must have or wouldnt run at all otherwise.

Im guessing it has a 1052 loom too, the cdi plugs are different on 1052's iirc.

All oil cooled motors with single pickups are the same pickup, rotors can be different shapes but all fit and work fine with whatever cdi you use.

Bandit cdi's have different plug to gsxr's and have a security/resistor that you need to bypass if you dont have bandit ignition barrell.

Your easiest fix is to get another 1052 rotor

So, it was stuck to the pick-up magnet (steel obviously) in 1st picture and now its not? Did you remove the screw? How could you not notice the 'fairly obviously broken rotor tip' and not pull it off the magnet! 

Problem is - it may have picked up a weak magnetic field from the magnet and so will stick (fairly weakly) to anything steel it touches. So IF it has fallen down past the switch, there are a lot of steel bits it can interfere with before it gets to the sump! Best drain the oil and if it's not in that then sump off and pray it's there !