any frame makers left out there

On 7/27/2024 at 11:55 PM, clivegto said:

Been told to while we were at Donington that there still in business. 

The same guy who owned them all along, still has the businesses registered as trading. I believe he is the same guy who has set up Northern classics.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, spondonturbo said:

The same guy who owned them all along, still has the businesses registered as trading. I believe he is the same guy who has set up Northern classics.

Simon Woods. He called me when ......... fucked off with a load of frame deposits leaving GIA in the shit because they had my tank at the time. I have his number if anyone wants to call him to check if GIA have found a new fabricator/welder who can make high quality alloy bike frames.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2024 at 11:13 PM, Dezza said:

When GIA recently went tits up this was due to (at least) one employee's dishonesty not a lack of orders. The boss man told me directly that the person in question did a bunk with the deposits for 8 or 9 frame kits after having these funds paid into his personal account rather than the company account. And they had a load of other jobs too.

I remember a Main Dealer salesman in Plymouth 20 years ago who was getting money paid from customers into his own account. He was ordering new bikes for delivery and pocketing the money. It took 6 months or more for the paperwork to travel through the companies system and he pocketed about £250k before he was found out. Got 2 1/2 years I think.

• 3 weeks later...