translations/slang/shoptalk

Peterv

OK here's the deal..

I am a newbie here on the site , posted my first message on the forum (looked what followed me home..) 

and English is only my third language  (located inFlanders Belgium , so first is Dutch and second french , third would be german as there is a german speeking part of the country aswell

but this is only a few square miles wich we got from the nazi's(at that time) as a war settlement but nobody gives a shite about those folks...lol

so my point is that I 've been lurking around here on some rebuild information , but seem to read a lot of slang that I hove no idea what 

you guys are talking about

for example  slabby , slabside (the same as slabby??), theapot  ??? wtf is that..xD

b6 I recon is a bandit 600 , but then you have all the rest of the letters and numbers behind them..is there some sort of list with numbers and years they made what type?

just keeping it lightharted chaps..love the English slang (big Blackadder and English humor fan), well ...aslong as I understand it that is..

cheers

Peter

• Like 3

Ok Peter, let's see what we can do for you :D 

b6 is a bandit 600

b12  is a bandit 1200 (1157)

Slabby  is an early GSXR - 750s ran 85/86/87 and were long stroke engines, the 1100 (actually 1052) ran 86/87/88 called slabsides because the side panels are quite flat and like a slab of wood

Slingy or slingshot  is a late oilcooled GSXR - 750s ran 88/89 with a short stroke motor and the dot head 90/91 ran a long stroke motor with the 91 having a shim type valve adjustment, the 1100 ( now an 1127) ran 89/90/91 again changing valve adjustment in 91 called slingshots because if the stickers that said slingshot intake on them  

Teapots ,a gsxf 600 or 750, the early 750s used a shortstroke 750 with a dot head the styling changed in 98 to a more bulbous shape  with a conical (some would say comical ) shaped rear light that earns it the nickname baboons arse :D at which point the 750 went back to a long stroke 

Gsx1100f is a 1127 powered toured/ engine donor also known as the power screen due to its electric raising screen

Edit : forgot the gsx1100g a shaft drive unfaired oddity with a balance shaft in the engine so not much use as a donor bike but great as a commuter as it's a shaft drive 

Edited by DAZ
Addition
  • Like 4
33 minutes ago, DAZ said:

Ok Peter, let's see what we can do for you :D 

b6 is a bandit 600

b12  is a bandit 1200 (1157)

Slabby  is an early GSXR - 750s ran 85/86/87 and were long stroke engines, the 1100 (actually 1052) ran 86/87/88 called slabsides because the side panels are quite flat and like a slab of wood

Slingy or slingshot  is a late oilcooled GSXR - 750s ran 88/89 with a short stroke motor and the dot head 90/91 ran a long stroke motor with the 91 having a shim type valve adjustment, the 1100 ( now an 1127) ran 89/90/91 again changing valve adjustment in 91 called slingshots because if the stickers that said slingshot intake on them  

Teapots ,a gsxf 600 or 750, the early 750s used a shortstroke 750 with a dot head the styling changed in 98 to a more bulbous shape  with a conical (some would say comical ) shaped rear light that earns it the nickname baboons arse :D at which point the 750 went back to a long stroke 

Gsx1100f is a 1127 powered toured/ engine donor also known as the power screen due to its electric raising screen

Edit : forgot the gsx1100g a shaft drive unfaired oddity with a balance shaft in the engine so not much use as a donor bike but great as a commuter as it's a shaft drive 

all is clearing up wright now Daz.

yes I remeber those ugly 750's with that pointy rearlight , the resemblance with a tea pot and monkey's arse is clear now lol

these must have been the most ugly machines suzuki ever made ..would'nt wanne be cought dead on one  hahaha

Edited by Peterv
  • Like 3
20 minutes ago, wraith said:

Lol, I was born and bred in England and 54 years later still have problems with the written English language xD

Slabby, slabside is a gsxr750/1100 g, h, j early gsxr's 

Teapot is the gen 1 gsx600f 

The gen 2 gsx600/750f is a baboon arses

B6 yes bandit 600

B12 bandit 12

cheers mate

So I guess the odd spelling misstake is not going to look stupid eh...(or is it mistake...:S)

4 minutes ago, Safra said:

Waterbuffalo,Kettle - Gt750

say what now!? - GSXR 

Double R - gsxr750rr

Except we don't use the "gi x x er" word here.

You'll also find that you can't write out the names of most other manufacturers, especially h*nda.

There are also a lot of us on here from outside of Europe, so plenty of other slang that will get used from time to time as well.

• Like 1

What's the craic? An Irish colloquialism that translates to 'How's it going/what's the story' 

Savage means it's good

A pure whore = difficult to achieve 

Fucked = broken

Proper fucked = very broken

Jaysus usually in a surprised tone

Like shite off a shovel = very fast 

I will in me bollix = no I wont

I will in me hole = absolutely not 

Look up in me hole = fuck off

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Peterv said:

what is the meaning of a dot head...? 

The 748cc short stroke 750s had dots cast into the sides of the heads. The 88-89 j/k GSXR750s had them as well as the first gen 750Fs. Same size valves as the 1100s, steeper intake for better flow, and a cheap and easy bump to compression and power when swapped on to a bandit 1200 engine.

Had to double check the blandit 750s, it looks like they got the long stroke engines, but we never got them here as far as I know.

7 minutes ago, GeorgeEI7KO said:

What's the craic? An Irish colloquialism that translates to 'How's it going/what's the story' 

Savage means it's good

A pure whore = difficult to achieve 

Fucked = broken

Proper fucked = very broken

Jaysus usually in a surprised tone

Like shite off a shovel = very fast 

I will in me bollix = no I wont

I will in me hole = absolutely not 

Look up in me hole = fuck off

hahaha priceless...

3 minutes ago, Upshotknothole said:

The 748cc short stroke 750s had dots cast into the sides of the heads. The 88-89 j/k GSXR750s had them as well as the first gen 750Fs. Same size valves as the 1100s, steeper intake for better flow, and a cheap and easy bump to compression and power when swapped on to a bandit 1200 engine.

Had to double check the blandit 750s, it looks like they got the long stroke engines, but we never got them here as far as I know.

bandit 750???  no  never heard of them eather over here