Aftermarket mastercyclinder

And a bigger bore master won't neccessarily give you 'better' brakes - it will reduce lever travel but produce lower system pressure at the caliper pistons! Unless you know what you are doing - stick with the 'usual' 14mm bore size . . . . . . . and the YT advice is bollux, bore size makes no difference to bleeding!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Nissin is right the original reconditioned one was in my car when it got stolen I have a 250 bandit one but that needs a reco to I think the guy on you tube with gs1000 means if you buy new aftermarket get one with standard bore size or bigger if bore size to small it is a problem bleeding. 

1 hour ago, Solestriper said:

Nissin is right the original reconditioned one was in my car when it got stolen I have a 250 bandit one but that needs a reco to I think the guy on you tube with gs1000 means if you buy new aftermarket get one with standard bore size or bigger if bore size to small it is a problem bleeding. 

Many YouTubers have no idea what they are on about. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Solestriper said:

I think the guy on you tube with gs1000 means if you buy new aftermarket get one with standard bore size or bigger if bore size to small it is a problem bleeding. 

Do you believe everything you see on YT? Why would you need to enlarge a Master Cylinder size to bleed it up - you'd just end up with unsatisfactory brakes!

Because an idiot on YT can't bleed small cylinders doesn't mean the cylinder is wrong, just that the idiot can't do the job properly! :(

• Like 1

I've only had 3 brake systems that I found a real pain to bleed, one was a set of zzr front calipers, one a set of 6 pot gsxr calipers and the other is the Billet 6 on the miss bike and non of them have to do with the M/C it's just the calipers. I've never had a problem with any of the older GS/gsx/gsxr systems. If you're having a problem bleeding them given the age try fitting a new seal kit in the standard M/C 

• Like 1

Vehicle Manufacturers Cheat on assembly lines 9_9

Filling and bleeding the entire system via the master cylinder in less than a minute in most cases using a very trick Vacuum / Nitrogen / Brake Fluid ,PLC Controlled System 

I've seen one in operation no mess very impressive 

Obviously us mere mortals don't have that luxury :v  

2 hours ago, wraith said:

I've only had 3 brake systems that I found a real pain to bleed, one was a set of zzr front calipers, one a set of 6 pot gsxr calipers and the other is the Billet 6 on the miss bike and non of them have to do with the M/C it's just the calipers. I've never had a problem with any of the older GS/gsx/gsxr systems. If you're having a problem bleeding them given the age try fitting a new seal kit in the standard M/C 

I once buggered about for 2 days trying to bleed the front brakes of a ZZR 1100 and got no-where. After clearing the dirt partially blocking the bleed nipples it was a 10 minute job, doh O.o

• Like 1
On 7/13/2023 at 11:45 PM, Solestriper said:

Does anybody know the best aftermarket mastercyclinder for 1981gsx750 one with bigger bore for easy bleeding you tube video told me it is a must. I was looking at Nissan. 

5/8th's or 16mm is best size according to multiple forums and sources I've seen this and a combination of new friction material pads with braided hoses

9 hours ago, Safra said:

5/8th's or 16mm is best size according to multiple forums and sources I've seen this and a combination of new friction material pads with braided hoses

Yip I got the new pads new braided lines new pistons I will go for aftermarket mastercyclinder as I am over reconditioning parts on this bike and wont to start riding it.

Edited by Solestriper
Spelling
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Do you believe everything you see on YT? Why would you need to enlarge a Master Cylinder size to bleed it up - you'd just end up with unsatisfactory brakes!

Because an idiot on YT can't bleed small cylinders doesn't mean the cylinder is wrong, just that the idiot can't do the job properly! :(

The yt guy must have purchased smaller than standard aftermarket mastercyclinder. My original reconditioned one was in my car when stolen. My hole system is new with braided lines just need right mastercyclinder.