Newark Classic Bike Show Jan 7/8th 2023

Paulm

On 12/25/2022 at 8:09 AM, Captain Chaos said:

How about just riding the things there? They are motorcycles after all

My guess is that many people wouldn't be that enthusiatic about bead-blasting their favourite bike with wet road salt and then sitting back for two days watching all the alloy turn to white powder :)

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pjl83 said:

So who’s on the stand tomorrow? I’ll say hello this time! I dropped by at Stafford but everybody was busy chatting so I didn’t butt in :$

Ill be there,come and introduce yourself,always good to put a face to a name.We are in the Stanley Sheldon hall.

• Like 1

Nice to meet a few of you today. I even came away with a couple of ideas to try on mine once I’ve got the bloomin carbs back in so thanks for that. 

I’m sh!t with names so sorry I’ve already forgotten them but I think it was @imagoand @Sam-Jaffai spoke to mostly? Definitely had quick chat with @Paulmtoo. 

good show all round I thought. And I came away with a few goodies :D

7 hours ago, Pjl83 said:

Nice to meet a few of you today. I even came away with a couple of ideas to try on mine once I’ve got the bloomin carbs back in so thanks for that. 

I’m sh!t with names so sorry I’ve already forgotten them but I think it was @imagoand @Sam-Jaffai spoke to mostly? Definitely had quick chat with @Paulmtoo. 

good show all round I thought. And I came away with a few goodies :D

Nice to meet you pal.

Well,another great weekend at Newark,many thanks to all that attended,it wasn't looking too good at one point for bikes but the OSS crew came through,9 bikes on the stand,nice to meet  Larry (imago),thanks for delivering Toms bike mate.The stand had an awful lot of attention over the weekend,lots of praise for the bikes and plenty of people wanting to chat about them.All in all a great weekend,thanks to all that attended,heres to the next one.

• Like 5
45 minutes ago, Paulm said:

Well,another great weekend at Newark,many thanks to all that attended,it wasn't looking too good at one point for bikes but the OSS crew came through,9 bikes on the stand,nice to meet  Larry (imago),thanks for delivering Toms bike mate.The stand had an awful lot of attention over the weekend,lots of praise for the bikes and plenty of people wanting to chat about them.All in all a great weekend,thanks to all that attended,heres to the next one.

33 minutes ago, clivegto said:

Was a fantay weekend really enjoyed it.

Was good to meet everyone to have a chat and see the bikes in the flesh. They really are a credit to you, it's only when you get chance to walk round them you can properly appreciate what's gone into them. (y)

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, davecara said:

Glad it went well. I stayed at home and drank beer and swore at people, so not much different to usual xD

@imagoGet yerself well soon mate

Currently feeling like 16 stone of hammered crap. :( Just thought I'd better mention it on here in case someone has people they need to shield/be careful around.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, imago said:

Currently feeling like 16 stone of hammered crap. :( Just thought I'd better mention it on here in case someone has people they need to shield/be careful around.

So far so good,  Mrs GTO had it just before Christmas so I moved into the shed for 4 nights :D get well soon bud.

• Like 1