top end oiling kit

riversbikes

Considering buying a top end oiling kit for my track/race Bandit 1200.  Something from Holeshot performance on this side of the pond... question though -- is it necessary?  The bike will be run 5-6 weekends a year, with the odd weekend as "hot" -- 30+ degrees C.  Track sessions are between 20-30 minutes long, and aside from a stint during an endurance race of at the most, 40-45 minutes, the bike won't be ridden hard for any great length of time.  I already have an aftermarket oil cooler installed, and the bike is otherwise stock aside from carbs and exhaust.  I like the idea of extra lubrication where needed as a preventative measure, but as usual the interweb opinions are divided on whether the modification is useful on even highly tuned engines.  Thoughts???

Can't see why not to put one on, will not harm. Miss W. has the same sort of thing on her road going gsxr1127, never had any issues with it.

You will get some saying no way and some like myself who say why not, the oil cooled motors have a very good oil pressure/oil pump, so you're not doing any harm.

10 hours ago, Gixer1460 said:

Psssst - the most powerful GSXR based proper streetbike in Europe has top end link bars...................just sayin' like!

Probably  load of other stuff hidden away as well that we would not know.

Perhaps they just put on for bling and actually blocked off to throw competition, seen similar things done before. You never what secrets go on in those closed shed doors.O.o

It's only running quarter and has rebuild all time anyhow oh cam wear let's just try another set something else sir.

Edited by jonny1bump
1 hour ago, jonny1bump said:

Probably  load of other stuff hidden away as well that we would not know.

Perhaps they just put on for bling and actually blocked off to throw competition, seen similar things done before. You never what secrets go on in those closed shed doors.O.o

It's only running quarter and has rebuild all time anyhow oh cam wear let's just try another set something else sir.

Nothing hidden - all was visible for all to see! Nothing bling, and nothing there that didn't serve a purpose! It's not a competition bike - if you read the statement correctly - its a STREET BIKE ie. MOT'd, Tax'd and Tested - when i'm bothered! And the last statement proves you don't know it and that it is still running without any replacement parts although it is currently not in max. output configuration!

36 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

Nothing hidden - all was visible for all to see! Nothing bling, and nothing there that didn't serve a purpose! It's not a competition bike - if you read the statement correctly - its a STREET BIKE ie. MOT'd, Tax'd and Tested - when i'm bothered! And the last statement proves you don't know it and that it is still running without any replacement parts although it is currently not in max. output configuration!

Oooh you tease IAN :v

Oh suit you sir Ian.

When you said street bike I presume you were talking about super street lines, racing machinery not a streetfighter or something.

Also looking at your reaction seems like you are bothered have you got a handbag full of cam links or something.

:v:v

Yeah I ain't got a scooby with bike your on about not in Ian's world.

Also link bars or linked to cam cover as asked prior. Makes a difference as your are fully aware.

Edited by jonny1bump