Turbo charging my B12

At the moment I have braided hoses running HH sintered pads, stop now pretty well!

got 1 breather at the moment, going to get another sorted out eventually.

put a shout out on wanted page to see if anyone has any gen 1 Pistons as can't seem to find any on Eblag and the local breakers doesn't have any (looked a little while ago) 

will get it done before dynoing and set up if I can find a set soon ish, otherwise will use it for a bit then do it :-) 

We just fitted the pistons in mine,comp ratio is about 8 to 1 which is probably  too low but works fine. As a ride everyday bike its great,keeps up with newer bikes when opened up and i can go to the shop on it if i want to with no worries,you will need a lock up though,try Dave Dunlop for one (fastbyme turbo systems) hes on here and facebook.

Sounds good to me :-)

going to get this manifold sorted, then when Pistons come will get them in, then just a matter of if she runs!! Then just a trip to the dyno for set up and fingers crossed all will go well.

will ask Santa for a lock up clutch for Christmas :-) but yer I'll hit him up and see what he says.

Just wondering, when I put in the busa Pistons, will I need to change head gasket? And if so can I use standard head gasket or do I need special one to fit for the re-bore??

Really? What you you think? Std gasket is sized for a 78mm bore and you're making it 81mm - how much is hanging into the cylinder getting burnt to a crisp! There doing something on a budget and there just being cheap! Sorry if it sounds harsh - learn some basic principles before you grenade your motor!

• Like 1

Really? What you you think? Std gasket is sized for a 78mm bore and you're making it 81mm - how much is hanging into the cylinder getting burnt to a crisp! There doing something on a budget and there just being cheap! Sorry if it sounds harsh - learn some basic principles before you grenade your motor!

I understand what your saying, obviously the standard one will be too big, was more thinking of the width (depth) of it, and some idea of which one I will need for the re-bored block. 

Just do it once do it right! Less grief in the end! Trust me I've done most things wrong way once or twice facto!  just finished my 1216 motor Busa slugs, stock rods but with cometic MLS head gasket £60 . new o.e.m oil seals etc  .base was £17 . O.e.m & seals £25 .

depends how you want to spend your time but me for one , saves time in long run. 

Warpspeed do lockups  too.:tu

Ok, I understand the do it once but right the first time, that is why I decided to do the piston change now rather than when this go wrong. I'll get myself a new 1216 gasket and oil seals and things. 

Mad you said it saves time and money in the long run :-)

more things for the Christmas list.

SEP at Kegworth. 01509 673295 39 Sideley Road DE74 2FJ, excellent service,rebore do mine last year for £130 if I remember correctly,when you get your Busa pistons make sure the ring end gaps are within tolerance,and also you will need to find out the piston to bore gaps are well for the rebore,4thou springs to mind but check up on it.

Ok I'll give them a shout. Thanks for that. I'll try and get some pics up over next few days of my manifold, almost finished it now, just done some silly mistakes with the bolt fittings, and with where it actually goes into the engine (trying to make it fit nicely so no air gaps) 

all lines up tho which is nice :-) hopefully when those 2 little bits have been sorted I'll be able to get it running before taking it apart again for the re-bore :-s

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! Update!!

she runs!!! 

Little bit lumpy but she runs!!

only problem I found was my oil feed for the turbo has a hole in it and was too long so wasn't feeding the turbo.

manifold blows a little but is expected as it isn't a professional job. Will be saving for a professionally made one. 

Also turbo is slightly too close to wheel........ But takes a good jumping up and down for it to hit. Again professional manifold will be on its way.