Turbo charging my B12

2mm higher when inverted or higher when right way up? If former that's correct, if latter then that's wrong as would be increasing fuel level in bowl. There should be movement - float must be able to fall away from the float valve or you won't get fuel in or the float buoyancy won't have enough closing pressure to stop fuel flow. 

6mm pitot was a guesstimate - peeps have used 6, 8 and 10 with success - its not an exact science, try, try and try again!

ps. Fuel injection is sooooooo much easier in this regard! LOL

Edited by Gixer1460
  • Like 1

Managed to change float height by 1.5mm with movement still available. And changed them with them still upside down. If I changed them by 2mm they would jam and not move. (Metal tab would be stuck on jet thingy)

yer fuel injection sounds easy but expensive!! 

read uncle bobs turbo page about pitot tube sizing and placement. Says he can't find any pros and cons with different placing. Don't know which one to go for now....... Want to go with the horizontal to air flow for ease of size changing if wrong size but don't because of it being a bigger obstruction. Hmmmmmm

wondering as well if I send my bike to a dyno to get set up how many hours do you think it would take? And also if I get it set up at a dyno will it still be a good idea to get a wideband AFR sensor and gauge or will I not need one??

Edited by majortom4

also wired in a switch for my oil pump, and cut and attached all my induction piping. 

getting close to finishing now. just waiting for oil return parts and my friend to come and help me fabricate the manifold. 

as asked before but with no answer.

if i take my bike to a dyno to get set up will i still need to buy and install a wideband 02 metre?? or not?

oil pump switch.jpg

induction piping.jpg

induction piping 1.jpg

Been a while since update.

at the moment I have been preparing for the manifold fabrication. Unfortunately as I am on a tight budget (and a cheap skate) I haven't been able to get anyone to fabricate the manifold. Sooooo this is going to be my next challenge! Tig set bought, welding videos watched and going to give it a bash myself! (Pictures to come after practice) so hopefully have it started and running somewhat  within the next few weeks.  Any hints and tips on welding would be nice. Going to purge it all with argon for nice welds and strength. 

Also as I am in university this may take longer. 

Also found someone with a dyno who is very nice who will be helping me set it up. 

Man this project is teaching me many things and is an awesome experience. 

Again a massive thanks to everyone and all for the help and input they have given up to now! You guys are awesome!! Will deffinitly have to come to a meet some time to put a face to people's typing :-) 

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for taking a while to get back to you.

so far, without including tools and stuff that I have bought, I'd say about £300. 

Its deffinitly been a learning experience and I'd say go for it as its been great fun. 

Not finished yet tho, just going through making the manifold, hopefully have it welded up over the weekend, going to be far from perfect but hopefully will work. Then just getting it on the dyno for set up. 

Yes, I have been very carefully with budget (being in uni) trying to fabricate and make everything myself, only thing I have paid someone to do so far is the welding for the plenum, the rest I am doing myself, but I think that's part of the fun of it. Fabricating the manifold along (if I wasn't doing it) could cost from £600-£1200 but I am self teaching myself to weld and bought a cheap tig rig to do it myself.  

So far so good as well but the proof has yet to come, not had it started since the start. Fingers crossed! 

Also there are things which I should probably buy for a good turbo set up, such as AFR gauge and lock up clutch and forged Pistons, but these are the expensive things costing about £600-£700 for them, so as I am not doing these I will only be running low boots so not to melt my engine.

after saving up for these, I will then increase boost :-)

Also there are things which I should probably buy for a good turbo set up, such as AFR gauge and lock up clutch and forged Pistons, but these are the expensive things costing about £600-£700 for them, so as I am not doing these I will only be running low boots so not to melt my engine.

after saving up for these, I will then increase boost :-)

that's what we also tried, stock GSX-R1100 engine with just 0,5 bar boost. After 5000km it melted a piston.

Gen 1 Busa pistons are the ones,takes it to 1216,if you're on a tight budget reuse your standard head gasket on the rebore,it'll be fine,been running a standard one in mine all summer on my Busa pistoned 1216 bandit turbo motor,I'll sort out a proper one over the winter,I'm running 11psi and about 200bhp