Turbo charging my B12

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while since last update.

bike been on the dyno thanks to @1260pete. All set up and running 188 bhp at 8 psi of boost. Going to take it for a spin tomorrow with GoPro on so hopefully get some forage.

Again want to say a massive thank you to everyone who has helped me out with info for my build. Has been great fun. 

Next thing on list to do is forged Pistons and up the boost!! No doubt will be needing people's wisdom again :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Need some advice again :-)

so after finally getting it out for a trip to the shops and back. When I return to my bike after getting some more oil for it. I come back to a puddle of oil that had dropped out of my air filter. Can't figure out why!!! It happened before and thought my pump was in a bad place and not drawing the oil back down the return. But after moving that closer and checking it works well it still is doing it :-( doesn't leak when running tho...... 

Any ideas guys???

As has been said, it takes some time for all the oil in the gallerys above the main oil gallery where the turbo feed is taken from to empty after shut down, and while this is happening oil will still be siphoning into the turbo. It is actually better to have the pump as far away from the turbo as possible to give a bit of volume to fill with oil while this is happening. And let the pump run a little after shutdown or fit a check valve of some kind. Oh and Merry Christmas everyone