Suzi 2

Gsx1100er

• 2 months later...

Well the project is coming on nicely, just put the wiring back in and have the following symptoms ( i have removed the side stand cutout and diode as per instructions on the forum  and fitted WP clocks ). I have had to modify the harness as I've fitted a 2011 rear sub frame and re positioned the fuse board and cdi unit.

I have :  front and rear sidelights, number plate light and headlight ( single bandit unit ). I have engine turnover. I have horn. I have instrument lights. I have full beam blue indicator lamp( both on high beam and pass flash ).

I dont have : oil pressure warning lamp, red ignition warning lamp. neutral warning lamp and rev counter.

not yet wired indicators. I do have a loose pink wire that i cant find a connection for ( mid harness ), cant see it on the wiring diagram ( ? )

Its probably summat simple , just not found it yet.       Any idea's ????

Gaz

On 11/12/2018 at 4:46 PM, Gsx1100er said:

Many parts already in the bin including R6 rear end

Did it have the undertray with tail lights built in? Looking for one to cut up and modify. If it's available let me know and we can do a deal. :)

On 1/25/2019 at 8:13 PM, Gsx1100er said:

Well the project is coming on nicely, just put the wiring back in and have the following symptoms ( i have removed the side stand cutout and diode as per instructions on the forum  and fitted WP clocks ). I have had to modify the harness as I've fitted a 2011 rear sub frame and re positioned the fuse board and cdi unit.

I have :  front and rear sidelights, number plate light and headlight ( single bandit unit ). I have engine turnover. I have horn. I have instrument lights. I have full beam blue indicator lamp( both on high beam and pass flash ).

I dont have : oil pressure warning lamp, red ignition warning lamp. neutral warning lamp and rev counter.

not yet wired indicators. I do have a loose pink wire that i cant find a connection for ( mid harness ), cant see it on the wiring diagram ( ? )

Its probably summat simple , just not found it yet.       Any idea's ????

Gaz

All is now well in the shed ! Faulty fuse box connection after all that .

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Well the big day has arrived, almost finished and time to start it up . Cranks OK , has fuel , but no spark at the plugs. Checked all fuses OK, getting 12v at the orange/ white wires at the coils with ignition  turned on . Just need to check i have connected the coils the right way . I believe the orange / white wires are the permanent live coil feeds and the other two are the trigger wires.Looking  towards the headstock ( sat on the bike ) i have connected the orange /white wires to  the outside connectors on each coil and the trigger wires to the two inside connectors of each coil. Is this correct ??  Should have photographed it before i stripped it. Cant find any info anywhere so hoping someone can advise the correct connections.

I'll post up some photos when its finally completed.

Cheers

Gaz

Doesn't make a great difference - it's just an endless loop of wire inside some plastic with connections at either end!

It's more likely a problem with the wiring between the trigger and the spark box or between the spark box and the coils, if the coils are wired to power etc.

Edited by Gixer1460

The arrangement of the wires on the coils would will not explain why you have no spark. The different orange+marker wires each go to a different coil. Unless you have both going to the same coil you will get a spark (just if they are on the wrong coil the bike will not run properly if at all).

If you have no spark check all the wires to and from the CDI unit, as described by say what now!? 1460. The methods to do this will be in the manual for whatever engine the bike came out of (750j.k.l??). You can also check out the wiring for the switches, kill switch etc. and the coils at the same time. If all else good and still no spark, then the CDI is buggered. Try a known good one from another oil cooled bike with the same connector configuration and if you get a spark then you need another CDI. This would explain why the bike was sold cheap as a non-runner.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Well the project continues to frustrate. The CDI was toast , so a replacement has got the bike started. The fuelling is now all over the place and Ive just had the carbs ultrasonically cleaned. There are 4 very small " power jets " in the bottom of the float chambers and its almost impossible to see if they have become clear after the treatment ( the hole is so small ). I decided i would get 4 new jets but there is only one in the whole of europe and a back order to Japan could take weeks.

Does any one know a sure fire way to clean small brass jets ? any pareticular chemical that will dissolve old petrol residue ?

You've all been a great help so far, dont desert me now, its nearly finished !!

Gaz