Donington CRMC 4,5,6 August 2017

Paulm

22 minutes ago, et1170 said:

Thanks for the Invite Paul and putting up with us southern softies, had a great weekend. Massive thanks too to all involved in getting my keys out of my locked van, a great way to introduce myself !

20170806_111646.jpg

20170806_111638.jpg

20170806_111542.jpg

20170806_111619.jpg

Glad you could come mate, hope you can get to some more.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, vizman said:

the steward wearing a 'zero fucks given' t-shirt asking havoc aboard his 'Anarchy EZ' not to ride around at 3mph without wearing a lid...

If I'd been her, I'd have been far more concerned about the chemicals and milligrams.   :pimp:

• Like 4
19 hours ago, Ben Slabby said:

Very special thanks to @Paulm for a superhuman boozing session until about seven AM in the morning. Truly outstanding and an inspiration to us all. :tu

image.jpg

It was nice to attend an event without @minx and I having to organise it. I enjoyed the 2 wheeled 700 mile round trip and all of the good company. Well done Paul and Ben for stepping up and running the show. @vizman told me my RF900 GIVI pannier rack looked like the Starship Enterprise so it's only fitting you get a snippet from the log.

Captains Log: Star date 6/08/2017 03.00hrs

Asleep in my quarters I was  a woken by loud voices; I hurriedly dressed then I  go to investigate. I find crew members  Paul Morris and  Rich Hocking, amongst others, still awake, but something strange has occurred, something is affecting their  behaviour. They are speaking but I am barely able to understand their words. A faulty universal translator perhaps?  I thought about sending them to sick bay but then I notice the many empty bottles and cans of Romulan ale strewn around their chairs. "These men are drunk out of the minds"  I thought.

I reminded Crewman Morris that he had show duties in just a few short hours. "no prosbled" he replied, "i'zz just gonna stay up all nightzz, hic" Rich slurred something similar. At this point they firmly insisted I have some ale myself. I felt for ships moral it was the best thing to do.  Little did I know this was a precursor to an hour long conversation ( if indeed you could call it that) about the site and shows and the site and shows and the site and shows oh and the site and shows. You guessed it; We were trapped in the infamous "Romulan ale loop" Both crewmen were  making the same incoherent points over and over again then forgetting what they said and resetting back to the beginning. I had to act fast. With some empty bottles and a lighter I constructed a 3 D  digram  of our ships inbound digital marketing matrix and began to explain it. There were some initial protests of "fuck hashtags" but pretty soon both men quietened  as there eyes became transfixed on the moving bottles and lighter. Before long they were back to talking loudly about who would win in an arm wrestle and I knew my work was done.The sun had come up and it was now 06;30 so I decided to return to my quarters for an hour before morning inspection.

Captain's Log: Star date 06/08/2017 09.30hrs

Crewman Morris had failed to report for duty. Rumours had begun to spread that he was dead as there were several reports that his ghost had been sighted over at the shower block. When he appeared for duty  we quickly realised the origin of the ghost sightings. Fortunately for crewman Morris, his shipmate Ben was able to take up the significant slack. That said, Despite his diminished well-being Morris somehow held it together for the remainder of the day. That night was a much quieter one.  

Great weekend! Thank you to everyone involved.(y)

• Like 17

I was indeed highly unable to string a sensible sentence together on Friday night/Saturday morning,must of been something in one of the beers I had partaken of:D,many thanks to Ben for looking after things Saturday morning,after a couple of grandad naps I was almost firing on all cylinders again and yes Saturday night was a bit quieter than Friday night but we still had a good laugh,was a great weekend and as I've said before was great to see you all again. That chair was a fucking good snoozing chair though,think I might have to buy one.:D

• Like 8
2 hours ago, KATANAMANGLER said:

" Both crewmen were  making the same incoherent points over and over again then forgetting what they said and resetting back to the beginning."

It was funny, mainly because it wasn't me for a change  :pimp:

Edited by Havoc
Incoherent English
  • Like 4
Guest YoshiJohnny
6 hours ago, whyte25 said:

I left my chair there....  doh! 

I think it got rescued... 

I had a cracking time...don't remember a lot of it but I am a flat faced senile old cunt apparently...

Thanks to all who organized and all who came.. I have a general dislike of people except the ones who show up to events..

Roll on the next get together..

YJ