GSXR1100 turbo update

Nowt wrong with GSXR rods - smack any rod into valves and they will more than likely bend! Not sure busa rods will suit the application. You want longevity - ditch the busa pistons and get some correct dished turbo pistons with some meat in the crown and ring lands deeper than a gnats nadger! They may be heavier but its a turbo not a revin' 2 smoke!

• 4 weeks later...

Here we go..

I got better head, barrels and pistons, just have fetch them.. I also found some rods on e**ay and new valve springs (got a good deal :D )

IMG_9260.jpg

I´m also going to update the looks of the bike, again :D:D

IMG_9256.jpg

IMG_9253.jpg

IMG_9255.jpg

I found a cheap tank from an old racer. I moved the fuel filler cap backwards, chopped a little from the height, dented it to get some room etc. I still need to make a new bottom for it. And then there is the tail.... :S

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Maybe I should speed up... I´ve been mostly redoing the tank but it´s finally getting finished.

I was wondering if I could use coils like these:

Suzuki-GSXR-SRAD-750-cc-Injection-Igniti

Are they powerfull enough for a turbo bike?

The coils I´m using currently take a lot of room:

IMG_7928.jpg

• Like 1
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 11:48 PM, JK1 said:

I was wondering if I could use coils like these:

Suzuki-GSXR-SRAD-750-cc-Injection-Igniti

Are they powerfull enough for a turbo bike?

Generally yes but there is some variation between models. For example gen 1 Busa coils seem to be quite good and enough for over 1 bar boost while gen 2 coils are clearly weaker.

You will probably need also an ignition amplifier with those unless the ECU has built in high current drivers.

On 9.3.2016 at 9:16 PM, caferacerdan said:

that homemade tail kicks ass!

..but maybe not mine :/

I got this from my idol Steffen :D:D

$_12.jpg

There is always something I hate in my self made tails, so this time I´ll try if someone elses looks better. I need to make a new rear subframe, of course, so I may f**c it up anyway.. 

I also got this:

IMG_9984.jpg

It´s also designed by Steffen, http://street-machines.net/

The frame and wheels are at the powdercoaters.

J

• 2 weeks later...

Got the subframe done:

IMG_0041.jpg

That wiring harness freaks me out every time because its so huge:/

IMG_0044.jpg

I need to dent the bottom of the tank to get it routed :o

IMG_0024.jpg

I was thinking about putting tubes on the both sides of the tail, for batteries and for the water/methanol -mix but I guess the wiring takes the other side. I´ll just cover that up, and make a new container for the CH3OH/H2O under the seat..

I also tinkered with thw fork shrouds:

IMG_0030.jpg

J

Edited by JK1
add..
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Subframe ready:

IMG_0578.jpg

This is how the bike looks currently. Fork covers still need paint and the wiring needs some modifications. The bike now has COP-coils and we are going to replace some connectors.

IMG_0582.jpg

Sorry about the picture, its quicker to do some photoshop cleaning than cleaning the actual garage :D:D

J

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...

>:(>:( Ignition trouble!!!! No spark with the current setup, and everything should be correct. So I bought 4 VW COP-coils, they don´t need anything else between the coils and ecu.  Now I´m still waiting for the correct connectors to arrive. Looks like its july again before the bike is back on the road >:(>:(

• 2 weeks later...

Finally first start this summer! Now the bike has VAG cop-coils, and the engine seems to run ok. Still a few wires missing, gas tank leaking etc, but I hope the first ride is not too far away  :D

Edited by JK1
yt
3 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

exhaust header leaking?

Thats what I´m hoping for :D  I just tightened the bolts yesterday, but there may be some gasket thats not seated properly.. I´ll have to check.