GSXR1100 turbo update

That was not it...  I´m starting to think that maybe the 1,5mm plate uder the cyliders is too low? The one it had last summer was 2,0mm. I checked the piston height but....

The other thing that has changed from last summer is the ignition... The bike starts better than before, but the idle is a little wavy.

J

If it is a knock at the head and crank it is probably a failed big end bearing, and the piston is smacking the head. The oil should have a lot of metal in it in this case. Stop running it and tear it down.

Although, I had a similar noise from my turbo and it turned out to be an unused a through-tapped hole on the exhaust housing that was leaking. Found it after I discovered it torched the paint on the chassis. Plugged the hole, and the noise was gone.

52 minutes ago, bruteforce said:

JK, I get the impression you haven't checked deckheight then, as the pistons apparently were touching the ceiling with the 1,5mm spacer plate? Any idea what actual CR might be? I would make sure of that so it won't blow up because CR is still too high...

That did occur to me - touching at 1.5mm and not at 2.0mm means only 0.5mm squish which is about half what it needs to be for a road bike!

• Like 1