Front end change for a GSXR1100L recommendation?

Hi all,

So I keep looking at different front end swaps for my bike. An upgrade to save weight and better brakes. (Rear end too)

Is there any front end recommendations minimum work that would work easily? I'm happy measuring stuff to find out just didn't know if there was a easy stand out swap. 

Thanks 

Lots of front ends will easily swap in, but you'll lose your speedo drive with most of them. 1100W front end, swing arm and wheels will all swap over, keep the speedo drive and drop some weight.

The oil cooled wheels are heavy, the W wheels aren't as heavy. Same with the early oil cooled USD forks, they're heavy. Modern front ends are lighter with better brakes, but you'll need to figure out a new speedo if you're still using the stock one. Check out the projects section for an idea of what others are using.

49 minutes ago, Upshotknothole said:

1100W front end,

Near enough swapping like for like so no real point unless original forks are goosed. 

A  full w/c 1100 front end is slightly heavier than a o/c USD front end.

I had k3 1000 forks in 750L yokes on one of my 11's. I used the slingshot wheel with disc spacers. It was more about having better brakes (radial) than weight saving for me.

And there's lots of cheap pairs of 2nd hand radial calipers out there. 100mm and 108mm spacing so don't mix up.

If I was going for weight saving, I'd look at bikes with a 5.5 rear wheel such as an up the years gsxr600. 

6 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

Near enough swapping like for like so no real point unless original forks are goosed. 

A  full w/c 1100 front end is slightly heavier than a o/c USD front end.

I had k3 1000 forks in 750L yokes on one of my 11's. I used the slingshot wheel with disc spacers. It was more about having better brakes (radial) than weight saving for me.

And there's lots of cheap pairs of 2nd hand radial calipers out there. 100mm and 108mm spacing so don't mix up.

If I was going for weight saving, I'd look at bikes with a 5.5 rear wheel such as an up the years gsxr600. 

Yeah, I've got K4 1K front and rear on a 750K, pretty nice weight savings and handles great, but also needed a new steering stop, I run aftermarket gauges, and the frame was modified for the shock mount. Not really sure how far they're looking to go for a front end swap. Mentioned the W stuff because it's a direct bolt on.

these are fitted to my bandits, but the stem from a slingy is the same  just a bit shorter

Late model Hayabusa forks with radial brembos, brilliant stuff. 

I kept B12 wheel to retain speedo drive, but am in process of sorting lightweight wheels..

wMaP2tV.jpg

cant remember year, but R1 late model with 6 pots, brilliant front end, 

not difficult at all to fit,

EQxy7F9.jpg

the brakes are really good:tu

any of these could be fitted to a slingy with not to much trouble:tu

2nbiDJG.jpg

• Like 1