Scottish Motorcycle Show March 16th & 17th 2024 - Edinburgh

Wee Man

• Wee Man changed the title to Scottish Motorcycle Show March 16th & 17th 2024 - Edinburgh
7 hours ago, Wee Man said:

Hi Folks, I've applied for a pitch for OSS. It's a great show, good friendly vibe to it.

If anyone would be interested in bringing their bike,  IF we get a pitch, just let me know. :tu

Just had a quick look at the travel on Google maps. 6 hours and £70 in diesel each way. Almost exactly the same distance and travel time for me to go to Brussels. xD

• Like 1

It's a great little show,been a few times,unfortunately can't make it this year,for me a once a year trip to Scotland for the show is something I look forward to,Gregg comes down and supports our shows,so it would be nice in my view if some of the Southern members went up to support his show.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, imago said:

Just had a quick look at the travel on Google maps. 6 hours and £70 in diesel each way. Almost exactly the same distance and travel time for me to go to Brussels. xD

Yeah but at least you could have irn bru, tablet, deep fried mars bars :banana::D , in Brussels what do they have? Chips with mayonnaise :o:stop:  I mean both places have an indecipherable language but Scotland definitely wins on the food ..... clootie dumplings for the win :vu:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Paulm said:

It's a great little show,been a few times,unfortunately can't make it this year,for me a once a year trip to Scotland for the show is something I look forward to,Gregg comes down and supports our shows,so it would be nice in my view if some of the Southern members went up to support his show.

Totally agree and I'd like to make the trip tbh, I've had some good nights out in Edinburgh over the years. Unfortunately the lack of a bike to take issue won't be resolved for a while yet, and I doubt our Pictish chums would be particularly interested in a GSX1400 with its only stand out feature being a big kitten sticker on the tank. I don't need to go all the way to Edinburgh for people to take the piss, I can get that here. xD

Same goes for shows South East and West of here, although it seems unless you go across the channel there doesn't seem to be much going on in those directions aside from the 'brown seat and beard oil' shows down South.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, imago said:

Totally agree and I'd like to make the trip tbh, I've had some good nights out in Edinburgh over the years. Unfortunately the lack of a bike to take issue won't be resolved for a while yet, and I doubt our Pictish chums would be particularly interested in a GSX1400 with its only stand out feature being a big kitten sticker on the tank. I don't need to go all the way to Edinburgh for people to take the piss, I can get that here. xD

Same goes for shows South East and West of here, although it seems unless you go across the channel there doesn't seem to be much going on in those directions aside from the 'brown seat and beard oil' shows down South.

Take the Dresda up as it is at the time,as ive said to you before,bikes dont need to be complete,projects are good for the public to see,dont need to be shiny either as far as im concerned,its all interesting to people.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Paulm said:

Take the Dresda up as it is at the time,as ive said to you before,bikes dont need to be complete,projects are good for the public to see,dont need to be shiny either as far as im concerned,its all interesting to people.

It won't be anywhere near ready by the middle of March, once it's done I'll take it to some shows later in the year.

Still that's better than the draw through, that's unlikely to appear anywhere until 2025. Maybe the 2025 Scottish show could be its inaugural trip out? xD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...