Ideas for scavenge pump mounting on mk1 Bandit.

Figure out how low the turbo oil discharge is and if using a 'windscreen washer' type, electric vane pump, then the pump needs its inlet near or below that level due to poor suction + oil will be aerated so even worse for suction. If you are using a mechanical 'oil pump' scavange then they are usually driven off the crankshaft so will be higher up as their suction performance is much better!

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Gsxrsam said:

You can get mechanical ones for end of crank.......

Did see one made out of the gerotor set from the innards a cb500 oil pump, don't know if t'was on here or somewhere else though so sorry I can't link to it :(

8 hours ago, Gsxrsam said:

You can get mechanical ones for end of crank.......

Can you make me one @Gsxrsam:tu

My first dabble in turbos on a bike so keeping costs down for now. Made the mistake of putting a bigger turbo on my van :banana: Now I'm addicted. Slipperyslope. Love low end torque. 

27 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

Can you make me one @Gsxrsam:tu

My first dabble in turbos on a bike so keeping costs down for now. Made the mistake of putting a bigger turbo on my van :banana: Now I'm addicted. Slipperyslope. Love low end torque. 

I'd also like to get one if you are making them :banana:

On 7/1/2023 at 10:53 PM, Pegleg said:

Spent ages going through search function but can't find good pictures. Looking for ideas to mount the scavenge pump. Looks a bit vulnerable mounted to the sump. 

There should be a way that the oil is sucked of via the oil pick up, so you don't need a scavenge pump

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Reinhoud said:

There should be a way that the oil is sucked of via the oil pick up, so you don't need a scavenge pump

I have an 1100W Hahn turbo kit sump (unused) that does exactly that. I am not a fan of introducing any air into the oil pump as it can result in plain bearing failures. Would probably work with early roller bearing crank engines.

2 hours ago, wombat258 said:

I have an 1100W Hahn turbo kit sump (unused) that does exactly that. I am not a fan of introducing any air into the oil pump as it can result in plain bearing failures. Would probably work with early roller bearing crank engines.

Works with a reed valve, like in a 2 stroke engine.

Apparently it works alright, I can't find any photo's. Couple of guys in The Netherlands have it like that.