'93 GSX600f engine swap

Petr

Hello, I'm new here so sorry if it is common question, but I can't find straight answer. I have 1993 Suzuki GSX 600f and I found out, that I have bad valve and nearly no compression on two cylinders. So I'm about to find another engine, but all engines I can find nearby are from newer MK2 bikes. Will it fit into my bike? If so, is there something I'll have to swap from my current engine?

Thanks in advance

Petr from Czech Republic 

• Like 1

It should be a easy swap if you are swapping the bare engine,some of the peripheral parts may be slightly different,eg cam cover breather I expect the carbs to be different too but these bits should swap over ok it will be a case of mixing and matching as stuff did change over time,but the basic engine pretty much stayed the same 

Thanks for answers.

1 hour ago, Swiss Toni said:

Why don’t you dig into the motor and find out exactly what the problem is. And, welcome to OSS! :tu

Well, because swap is easier, faster and cheaper way to go, especially when my bike isn't in original "youngtimer" condition.

2 hours ago, wraith said:

We need much more info on this with lots of pictures (y) sound's cool

I helped him lift the motor out the van and couldnt believe how light it was! I'll see what i can do pics and info wise. 

Edited by BillyR
  • Like 1