5 minutes ago, redgs1000 said:

ive got a US spec gsx tank but not that keen on it. bought a gs1000g tank a while back so will go with that although it needs a massage underneath to clear the frame, also thinking of a aircraft style filler cap for it

yeah i know what you mean about the US spec smaller GSX tank,  the larger GSX UK tank works with a GS 1000 tail unit like on my bike.  

but the GS1000G tank will look ok. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, TonyGee said:

yeah i know what you mean about the US spec smaller GSX tank,  the larger GSX UK tank works with a GS 1000 tail unit like on my bike.  

but the GS1000G tank will look ok. 

seen a couple of GSX UK tanks for sale but were almost same price as a standard gs tank. il keep looking tho and the uk tank looks good on your bike :tu

• Like 1
On 3/14/2023 at 10:33 PM, redgs1000 said:

evening every one. finally joined after talking to weeman at the scottish bike show on saturday , have a gs1000 project on the go and will try and put some pics up soon plus what ive done so far . and thanks for the oldskool stickers weeman :tu

You can thank me for the stickers. They were the only signage on the stand. Isn't that right @Paulm?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, TonyGee said:

I get my seat covers off begay, theirs a seller on their that sells good quality covers but not cheap, ive had a few off them but at £45 a time.  just as good as OEM i think. 

Last cover I had done, not a standard seat was £95 and that was about 8+ years ago and I was not happy with the end result.

I did order one off the bay for the standard seat on the gsx1157et and apart from my bad fitting was very happy with it (may be the same seller as yours) as the was £45 but well worth the money.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, wraith said:

Last cover I had done, not a standard seat was £95 and that was about 8+ years ago and I was not happy with the end result.

I did order one off the bay for the standard seat on the gsx1157et and apart from my bad fitting was very happy with it (may be the same seller as yours) as the was £45 but well worth the money.

Im sure ive seen those seat covers on the bay as well. one price for all by the looks of it , il strip the seat at the weekend and see what the foam is like . If its ok il order a cover and i need to sort the seat base out , there is some brackets to make up as there missing off the seat and the mounts on the L frame are on the other side . . Thank you both for your info :tu

• Like 1

Got  a wes cooley style front mud guard off evilbay £22.50 plus p&p . need to make some spacer's for the bandit fork brace so it clear's the tire , was going to buy a slabbie front guard and cut it down but this is a better option and someone might need an oe one for a resto. IMG_20230327_143131_817.thumb.jpg.371f6afe3b07b30e5111cb11e838b62f.jpg

• Like 1

Been buying a few bits for the gs. got a bandit headlight and brackets so will fit straight on once iv'e tidied up the headlight bowl , also bought jack up blocks for the rear .  Next on the list is some rear sets  looked at some off a gsxr 1000 k9  but open to suggestions , any thoughts on the china rear sets for sale on eblag bought some adjustable levers a while back and were very good . il put some pics up once the jack up blocks arrive

1 hour ago, redgs1000 said:

Been buying a few bits for the gs. got a bandit headlight and brackets so will fit straight on once iv'e tidied up the headlight bowl , also bought jack up blocks for the rear .  Next on the list is some rear sets  looked at some off a gsxr 1000 k9  but open to suggestions , any thoughts on the china rear sets for sale on eblag bought some adjustable levers a while back and were very good . il put some pics up once the jack up blocks arrive

I've used a few sets of Chinese rearsets. They are generally ok though some of the bolts are a bit rubbish but easily replaced.  

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...