Crack caseing

Inazuma

Crankcases are machined as a matched pair. In theory you may be able to use an unmatched pair if the main journals used the same sizes in each case or even if you used the correct shell to match crank to each case................... but I wouldn't unless I was very, very desperate

Whereabouts is the crack as they may well be weldable ?

Agree with all of the above, however...try putting the crank and gearbox in the casings, bolt up and torque to correct torque-iness. If all shafts spin with no perceptible nipping up, all should be well..... theoretically!!!  Up to you. Or get the B12 cases welded. You can only piss with the cock you've got!

Hmmm its a tricky one but not impossible. Hardest bit is avoiding blocking that oil? drilling at the bottom! I think i'd turn up a stainless, loose fitting plug to fit the smooth section to provide backing to build up the outer weld. You may have to grind out the threaded section and built it back with weld then face, drill and re-tap the treads?

I pass all yours tips, see what comes up.

That is third time in 2 years I rebuild engine.

First damage engine  it was my foult.

Second, the blody painter ad some sand to the engine.

So I start again from scratch. Got some bits and bobs laing allaround.

Like:

Dot head- ported

RS 38- bit tired - revs hanging

Ti headers 42 dia

But I'm not sure going same road. From one hand I have standard healthy b12 engine. From the oder hand I want do that you know power and glory.

What I won't achieve is proper bottom power, and of course some on the top. What I have to lose? hmm destroy third engine...

What you will do?

IMG_20151102_151047.jpg

Edited by Inazuma
  • Like 1