Hello im new here

HWB

Hello everyone im new here and im from lebanon i own a 1992 N 1127, ive been a member of another forum for 7 years now but things are getting really slow back there so i figured id move to a more livelier more creative place.

Since i started my first topic i will take advantage and ask anyone who knows what are the visual differences between a 1990 head and a slabbie head since ill be hitting the hangar fishing for a 90 1127 head to replace my shim style head, ill be doing porting and bigger valves, stg 2 yoshi cams je 1216 pistons and maybe an advancer so i would need to visually be able to know that head is the one i need to avoid any mistakes. Cheers

20190513_135347.jpg

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, clivegto said:

1052 cam cover fits the 1127 & the 1157. IMG_20200410_180138.thumb.jpg.1334a1c654c059486324f29a3ccf50c8.jpgIMG_20200410_180138.thumb.jpg.1334a1c654c059486324f29a3ccf50c8.jpg

IMG_20200410_180150.jpg

Thank you very much for the pics clive!

So if it fits then i should be looking at the internals ? Maybe markings or something special that gives it away as a 1990 1127 head ? Can u pinpoint anything ? 

Just been to a very dark place, my memory xD I was told of someone on here that the b12 heads flow better than a gsxr head, they are tappet head and as your doing the valves extra maybe a easyer head to find.

Edited by wraith
Bloody phone
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, wraith said:

Just been doing o a very dark place, my memory xD I was told of someone on here that the b12 heads flow better than a gsxr head, they are tappet head and as your doing the valves extra maybe a easyer head to find.

We dont have much bandits back here, we do however have tons of gsxrs. And if all the heads look alike how do you tell the difference ? I really dont want to end up with a 1052 head since the 1127 flows better ima be chasing all the flow i can get

One way (I would think) will be the inlet port size, as the gsxr1100 slabside runs 34mm CV carbs as standard and the gsxr1100 slingshot run a 36mm as standard (apart from the later models that run 40mm) and as you can interchange the carb rubbers between all the oil cooled heads the ports don't line up.

1 hour ago, wraith said:

There are also numbers stamped into the bottom of the head think under the inlet ports, but I don't know if they are different with each model. Someone on here will know.

Have you had a look in the Frankinsten pages? All sorts of grate info there.

Thanks for the link to the Frankenstein page i read it all but nowhere does it say about 90 1127 swap to 92 1127, only 750 swap to 1127, not much detail on the 90 head either. Thanks though i appreciate your help mate 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Gixer1460 said:

Not what you want to hear but the 91 / 92 heads have the best flowing ports as std. Why are you keen to swap?

Because i want to run bigger valves and yoshi stage 2 cams with that 1216 12.1 kit along with the porting of the head. Im trying to see 175 on the sheet, maybe a bit optimistic but aim high eh ?

45 minutes ago, wraith said:

No problem, we are all to help each other which ever way we can ;)

Now you've said a good hello try putting a post up in oil cooled with the heading head swap or something like that, it my get more attention of the members who are more in the know (y)

Sounds good

10 hours ago, Lachie04 said:

Hi difference in cam covers is because of going to a Hyvo cam chain. Is it not?

IMG_20200410_180150.jpg

Never seen a cover like that with a 'bump' to the side - thought all had a central rectangular breather / oil trap with removable cover - learn something new everyday!

The Hyvo chain arrangement as  only fitted to Blandits? and i'm fairly sure i've swapped GSF 12 covers with GSXR 11 and vice versa so chain shouldn't be a factor or I didn't notice anything and its grinding its way through the cover ! LOL!

• 1 month later...

I was thinking if there might be a difference in spark plugs between the heads ? Maybe i can tell the difference from an 88 and a 90 from the diameter of the spark threads ? The 90-92 heads use 12mm thread sparks maybe the 86-88 use something different ? I mean there must be something to differentiate them. Valve angles maybe ? Should i carry a protracter  with me from now on ? :D

1 hour ago, HWB said:

I was thinking if there might be a difference in spark plugs between the heads ? Maybe i can tell the difference from an 88 and a 90 from the diameter of the spark threads ? The 90-92 heads use 12mm thread sparks maybe the 86-88 use something different ? I mean there must be something to differentiate them. Valve angles maybe ? Should i carry a protracter  with me from now on ? :D

Because i want to run bigger valves and yoshi stage 2 cams with that 1216 12.1 kit along with the porting of the head. Im trying to see 175 on the sheet, maybe a bit optimistic but aim high eh ?

There is no difference in plug threads - all years are 12mm. They may have had different design electrodes / heat ranges but not significant. The 91-92 heads (shims) had a different casting with slightly different port profiles and angles and obviously to accommodate the different cam arrangement. Blandits are more likely to use the earlier Slingshot head 87-90 as they were fitted with 36mm carbs and tappet valve adjustment.

Shim heads take bigger valves 30 / 26mm - i've got them in my turbo but if you want to go bigger it will require engineering to re-centre the guides / valves. This is a likely requirement if 175hp is a target