Scottish Bike Show 7th & 8th March 2020

Wee Man

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Righto, that's the first (and definitely not the last) OSS outing at the Scottish Bike Show over. Massive thanks to @Paulm@KATANAMANGLERand @davecarafor the help and encouragement to organise this meet. Organising it was a challenge in its self with the online booking system being an absolute ball ache.  

We were allocated a rather generous pitch, I did ask for space for 10 bikes (wishful thinking), in the end only 3 bikes were there. @KATANAMANGLERlovely Kat, which also got fired up (with a little help first time) outside in the paddock to treat Joe Public to some rather fruity Oldskool noise! @Paulmmade the long journey up from Darn Sarth with his work in progress turbo GS750, stopping over at mine. Unfortunately his host was a bit of a lightweight. The other bike was my GSXR11.

The bikes created a lot of interest over the weekend, people keen to know about them and what OSS was about, with some interesting comments from "do turbos make much of a difference or is it just there for show?", "they slabbies were a handful" whilst staring at my bike to which Mr K Mangler nonchalantly said that's a Slingshot! Oh if looks could kill :D. Paul was even asked if that was his wife's bike he'd brought along.....oh the banter.  @cullinocappeared on Sunday with Mr K Mangler, mainly to rip the piss and generally wish his GIA was finished...next year @cullinoc...the countdown has begun. @Burnoutmade a token appearance, mainly to see what some decent exhausts looked like (only joking Big T) and nearly died when he found out the price of a coffee. Was a joy to watch him prising the change out his wife's fingers.

A brilliant weekend, saw plenty of old friends I'd not seen for ages, great laugh with the OSS guys.  Really appreciated Paul making the trek up and bringing the OSS banners. Thanks Paul.

Will definitely do it next year, but need a few more bikes on display! ....two peeps have promised to finish their long term projects and bring them along.(y)

• Like 9

Had a great weekend, 747 miles round trip and well worth it,thanks for the hospitality  @Wee Man,great to see  @KATANAMANGLER again,cheers for the sausage cob today and the cakes Scott, also nice to meet @cullinoc again and also @Burnout, as Gregg said,watching him trying prise his change out of Mrs Burnouts hand was priceless:D. Although we had only 3 bikes on the stand we had a lot of interest in them,thanks to Gregg for sorting it out,would love to come back again next year.

• Like 5